2014-2015 GPF Ladies Free Skate 12/13 | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Ladies Free Skate 12/13

Plisskin

Medalist
Now that this comp is over, I can honestly say Ashley should have the highest PCS in this Junior grand prix final not Eliza. Her tech content shouldn't boost up her lowsy pcs.

Last edited:

firal

Record Breaker
Congrats Liza! Her confidence is through the roof these days! I do want to see her in another dress though. The sleeve of this one is very distracting.

Yeah Ashley! Good comeback from the SP!

Trewyn

Medalist
Ashley medals at the GPF 3 years in a row :cheer: Will people now finally stop calling her old, or the epitome of the decline of American figure skating?
*Happy fan*
Elizaveta and Elena are also my favorites among the pack of Russian ladies - even if I sometimes think their style is weird. Great podium.

begin

Medalist
I'm never going to be on board with the Russian PCs but great job to the medalists. Way to compete and get the job done!

slider11

Medalist
Wow.....I think the podium is right but heart is breaking for Yulia. Her triple-triple at the beginning was so strong and then what happened! Like Juliet it is so tragic! It's interesting that in the kiss and cry winner interview, Elizaveta said that with the pressure off this year, she can skate more freely. It seems maybe that is Yulia issue - still living the Olympic pressure. Good for Elena and Ashley for strong performances. Moulin Rouge is growing on me.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I got my wishes! A big redemption for Ashley and a win for Liza. I don't often get my skating wishes granted, so this was worth getting up early for.

ahy

Final Flight
Only if Ashley skates like that every time...
So happy for Liza and Elena.

wanpe

On the Ice
Now that this comp is over, I can honestly say Ashley should have the highest PCS in this Junior grand prix final not Eliza. Her tech content shouldn't boost up her lowsy pcs.

LOL, I agree but at the same time disagree! ;)

rain

Record Breaker
There are many things to critique in Liza's presentation...boring is DEFINITELY not one. She may be my favourite Russian now...

I love that she looks more mature on the ice than her compatriots. And on a very shallow note, I absolutely love her dress. It really makes her stand out.

jkun

Final Flight
One thing I noticed about Liza's program. She tweaked the steps before her 3T-3T I think. It looked like her 3T-3T was later than in previous competitions. Will be interesting to see if she got the second half bonus for it.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
The two struggling Russian girls should take a good look at Ashley and Elizaveta and learn that this is why you never give up. You get through the bad competitions, get up and keep fighting.

My words...I hope they will. I was a bit scared when I saw Ashley at Japan Open this year. But today she showed us, audience, all the fans, all her rivals and judges that when she really needs to skate well, and when SHE WANTS then SHE REALLY CAN DO IT...I'm sure she wanted to be better than 6th...that's the Ashley I love and support