Evgeni Plushenko | Page 141 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Plushy won? Woohoo!! :cheer: Who needs quads when you can do triple axels like that?

And my gut is actually... eerily correct that Oda and Jeff will do well.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
http://instagram.com/p/x6qOAhrB1F/?modal=true
Irina Slutskaya
Here we are beautiful! plushenkoofficial as usual, the winner !!! My congratulations! Not everyone will be able to understand how it ultraslozhno decades to be a winner! Neither one year or even five years and decades! Do not stop repeating. This is sooooo hard !!!!!

And I am also a proud! In its something years, I did the triple jump and the two jumps in the two and a half !!!! The truth is only the fifth place, well and good, but hurt yourself and it's great !!!! Well done, Ira! 😂😂😂 congratulated us soon !!! And what a support group I had !!!!! Well, just a feast for the eyes !!!!

Esopian

Final Flight
Congrats Plushenko!! I was waiting for the news that he would be the winner! :cheer:
It's nice the his wife always gives us(fans) good updates about events, beautiful 3A!!!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Plushy, I love you and I know the ruble isn't doing so hot these days, but please consider using some of that $45,000 USD for a new costume. ;)

I think it's easy for people to downplay his performance if they take it at face value, but we all know that any "normal" skater would have hung it up after Sochi and that operation. Especially at his age. Instead, he just got right back out on the ice as soon as he could and went straight back to work. So even though this victory might just be at a silly pro competition, it has to mean a lot to him. His smile was worth more to me than the gold medal.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Plushy, I love you and I know the ruble isn't doing so hot these days, but please consider using some of that $45,000 USD for a new costume. ;)
I confess I actually started giggling in the beginning of the video, when I saw he was wearing Ultra-See-Through. The snarky part of my brain went, "It's like a male version of Adelina's Je Suis Malade lingerie!" But then he took his starting pose... and I no longer noticed the costume for the rest of the skate. It wasn't quite as raw as Vancouver--maybe that performance can't be replicated--but it came closer than I expected.

But yes, Plushy, your skate was good enough for me to forget about the costume, but maybe it's time to retire the See-Through Collection (That's #3 now, isn't it? :laugh:).

LRK

Record Breaker
I confess I actually started giggling in the beginning of the video, when I saw he was wearing Ultra-See-Through. The snarky part of my brain went, "It's like a male version of Adelina's Je Suis Malade lingerie!" But then he took his starting pose... and I no longer noticed the costume for the rest of the skate. It wasn't quite as raw as Vancouver--maybe that performance can't be replicated--but it came closer than I expected.

But yes, Plushy, your skate was good enough for me to forget about the costume, but maybe it's time to retire the See-Through Collection (That's #3 now, isn't it? :laugh:).

Yes, seeing it made me think "Ah, the Ultra-See-Through!" and think of you.:)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushy, I love you and I know the ruble isn't doing so hot these days, but please consider using some of that $45,000 USD for a new costume.

I think it's easy for people to downplay his performance if they take it at face value, but we all know that any "normal" skater would have hung it up after Sochi and that operation. Especially at his age. Instead, he just got right back out on the ice as soon as he could and went straight back to work. So even though this victory might just be at a silly pro competition, it has to mean a lot to him. His smile was worth more to me than the gold medal.

I totally agree especially what you wrote about his smile and your feelings...

But yes, Plushy, your skate was good enough for me to forget about the costume, but maybe it's time to retire the See-Through Collection (That's #3 now, isn't it?.

I don't like to see his chest hair :biggrin: I have no problem with men's hair in general (if it is not too much), but through the shirt, not very pretty sight .... :hopelessness: But probably he wanted to wear, because the joke in the TV show the restaurant scene..

Yes, seeing it made me think "Ah, the Ultra-See-Through!" and think of you.

Yes, I remembered Sandpiper's term immediately...;)

I found this on Twitter today...

2000 Cup of Russia-Original Dance & Mens, Ladies & Pairs Free Skate ... Can see Plushy in it, he was incredible cute and beautiful then..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usbqfw_f2zg&feature=youtu.be&t=30m40s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usbqfw_f2zg&feature=youtu.be&t=42m14s Sandpiper won't like it because this is the Bolero with the red costume.. And look at his face..When he competes his face is very serious..As we use to say he is in combat mode..;)

I like his skating's energy, intensity..for me no one will come to close to him never.. and it was perfect skating of course.. And I'm surprised! Fedor Andreev competed in this competition!

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I found this on Twitter today...

2000 Cup of Russia-Original Dance & Mens, Ladies & Pairs Free Skate ... Can see Plushy in it, he was incredible cute and beautiful then..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usbqfw_f2zg&feature=youtu.be&t=42m14s Sandpiper won't like because this is the Bolero with the red costume.. And look at his face..When he competes his face is very serious..As we use to say he is in combat mode..;)

I like his skating's energy, intensity..for me no one will come to close to him never.. and it was perfect skatinf of course.. And I'm surprised! Fedor Andreev competed in this competition!

I love that Youtuber for putting up competitions exactly as they were aired on tv...very cool! It's great to get the backstage bits and the fluff, especially since I missed out on all of it the first time around. I'm not a fan of Peter Carruthers, but wow, Terry Gannon has barely aged a day...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
https://dreamypoproyalty.wordpress....pen-plushenkos-first-competition-since-sochi/

Medal Winner’s Open- Plushenko’s first competition since Sochi
Posted on January 18, 2015 by Jackie

I’m up a little late writing about this, but I want to get all of my thoughts down before I sleep. And forget all the details.

Anyone who’s followed this blog over the past year, since these past Olympics, knows how much I love Evgeni Plushenko as a person and for his skating…
From now on, I want to write about him on this platform only when I have something important to write about.

And this is very important :D

Granted, the Medal Winner’s Open in Toyko Japan isn’t a huge tournament. As far as I can tell, everyone skated one short program and that determined the overall winner.
The night before, I just hoped that no matter the result, Plushenko would be happy with his performance. It’s important for him to get some confidence back in his competitive skating, but also because… more than anything else, as a fan, his happiness is the most important thing to me.

I had no expectations about whether he’d win or lose. I know very well how talented he is, but also how he still isn’t 100% as strong as he used to be. Just wanted him to be happy with how he skated.
… then I read that he WON… and I almost cried, I was so happy. It shouldn’t have taken me by surprise, but it still did.

I’d never seen him use “Je Suis Malade” for a competition before. It was always for galas and exhibitions.

I predicted yesterday that when I did finally see Plushenko’s program, I WOULD cry. But I didn’t :p
But I did have a lot of feelings. All good ones.

There was anticipation. Then there was adrenaline, the thrill of seeing him compete again (currently, not just me rewatching previous European Championships, Grand Prix Finals and so on). I could feel my heart beating in my chest. Sometimes, I think I HEARD my heart beating in my chest. Between the anticipation and excitement.
I wondered if maybe he was nervous beforehand, but clearly, he wasn’t.

I wasn’t nervous at all with the exception of one jump… he appeared to be going for a toe-loop… perhaps a quadruple, but he changed his mind and opted for a triple lutz that wasn’t as clean as it could have been.
Like I said, he isn’t 100% recovered from this last surgery on his back. Right now, I’m searching my brain to think if he had performed a triple lutz since the surgery and maybe that’s the reason it was difficult.
Or maybe it was difficult because it’s the jump hardest on his back.

While on the jumps, that triple axel he opened with… it was PERFECT… I saw the replay on Instagram the other day, so I didn’t have anything to worry about. But to see it at normal speed, how it took him a long time to reintroduce it into his skating. His recovery is going so well.

Going by my feelings alone, all that adrenaline, I wondered how he could possibly not want to keep competing.
Back when I was worried he’d rush recovering, someone commented to me, saying he can be an adrenaline junkie and that alone will make him go faster than he should.

All that’s left to say really is that Plushenko continues to surprise me, how he’s really taken this recovery in stride and his performance here is proof of that… definitely will be watching the program a couple more times…

I will be posting an entry marking the one year anniversary of the Sochi Olympic sometime next month…
unless a video is posted of the entirety of his “Snow King” show (I’ve just started watching through the playlists on YouTube), that will be the next time I will cover Plushenko on this blog.

https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/status/556991364970582016
How young we were....... http://instagram.com/p/yBINmEmy_N/ "

https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/status/556987911737204736
Today opened the golf season 2015 in Tokyo!!! Good mood to everybody http://instagram.com/p/yBGpFxmy8R/ "

Sandpiper

Record Breaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usbqfw_f2zg&feature=youtu.be&t=42m14s Sandpiper won't like it because this is the Bolero with the red costume.. And look at his face..When he competes his face is very serious..As we use to say he is in combat mode..;)
Duck for cover, because I'm about to drop a bomb. :p

I've never seen this particular performance of Bolero before. And to my great surprise... I didn't mind it?! Or at least, I understand why other people--including Johnny--found it interesting. The choreography is still weird and over-the-top. But the hands and arms worked more cohesively here, and I did get a sense of what he was portraying ("intensity"). Why didn't he do this at Europeans/Worlds? :frown:

Anyway, regardless of my feelings about Bolero, 2000-2001 really was his best season technically. It seems like he skated near-clean every time except JO. Only '02-03 came close, depending on how much stock you put into the 4-3-3.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Anyway, regardless of my feelings about Bolero, 2000-2001 really was his best season technically. It seems like he skated near-clean every time except JO. Only '02-03 came close, depending on how much stock you put into the 4-3-3.

Agree, but he was injured many times. when he competed.

This is so funny. I can't stop to watch this new montage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4a-Xtf7ObU Evgeni Plushenko - Pandemonium

the description:

I came to the conclusion I can't stop drooling with this man, God!!!...
Plushenko has to be one of the most hottest men ever!!!
I don't get tired of watching this Charming and Gorgeous Blond ....
This is a fan music video showing Plushenko talent and his wonderful sense of humor.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Have you seen this video? From a japan TV show. Kenji Miyamoto talking about PuRusenko :laugh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcoTjaakMt8&feature=youtu.be&t=19m14s
the translating

Kenji: I'm going to introduce the secret story about Russian emperor Plushenko-san.

21:20
Boy: He (Zhenya) is such an entertainer!
Boy: I never imagine he does something like that (= Sex Bomb). I had image that Plushenko was handsome-type of guy.
Kenji: Yes.
Boy: Does he still do funny program?
Kenji: Yes. At ice show. For example, wearing baby clothes and skating with baby bottle..
Boy: Oh, it's cute (= Baby Sex Bomb).
Boy: Have you ever choreographed him?
Kenji: Yes, I have. Once before.

21:50
(Q. What kind of person is Plushenko?)
Kenji: He is very very funny. When we were working together in the morning only about two hours, he told "Kenji, let's go golfing from afternoon."
Boy: Whaat?
Kenji: So, we played golf everyday in the countryside of Italy.
Boy: Is he genius?
Kenji: Yes, he is genius. Not only he can copy my movement right after I demonstrated, but also he adds own arrangement.
Boy: I can understand why he went golfing instead training...

(FYI: Those boys are local pop idols. They know how hard it is to master choreography so fast )

I really wanted to see Miyamoto's choreography. That was the Romeo and Juliet. Some fan girls were in Pinzolo training camp, and they were amazed by the program, Plushy's skating and Miyamoto personality.. I like Mishin, but I was really angry with him then..:bang: He always changed the choreographies...

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Kenji has some interesting ideas for choreography. I hope Plushy will work with Kenji one more time. That would be interesting.