Javier Fernandez | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I feel like I haven't had enough time to thoroughly enjoy Black Betty this season lol. I want him to bring it back for another year...:p It has potentional to be Javi's PW :dance:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Nice interview. It's good that his parents are there to support him. I'm confident that he can win even if he's less than perfect, but ideally we will see him put it all together and give a stellar performance...he's more than capable. Vamos Javi!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Interview with Javier for icenetwork

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/01/29/107806678/

Hopefully we will see tomorrow this Javier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJz8aKgYmb4
:party2:

wow great article and he seems really honest, i just love his personality. great to read he had clean run through in practice, and very wise words from Evgeni "There are lots of champions of practice, but not so many champions of competitions." you can have all the talent in the world but you need to have the mentality as well, they are doing great things at the cricket club,

Good luck Javi :cheer:

shiroKJ

Record Breaker
Congratulations on defending your title Javier :cheer2: Just hope the other Javi shows up at Worlds :drama:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Congrats, Javi. Regardless of how he skated, no one can say he didn't deserve the title (though some seem to say it anyway...)

I can't help but feel that he needs a change in layout. Perhaps 4T instead of 4S in the short. Take out one of the 4Ss in the LP and replace it with a 3A (I'd say replace it with a 4T, because he probably wants to keep three quads, but that's just asking for Zayak trouble if he pops).

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Congrats, Javi. Regardless of how he skated, no one can say he didn't deserve the title (though some seem to say it anyway...)

I can't help but feel that he needs a change in layout. Perhaps 4T instead of 4S in the short. Take out one of the 4Ss in the LP and replace it with a 3A (I'd say replace it with a 4T, because he probably wants to keep three quads, but that's just asking for Zayak trouble if he pops).

Javi 3A is not stable enough. He always had problems with 2nd 3A in LP in the past.

shiroKJ

Record Breaker
I agree with the layout change. The only real compeition he has if he skates to his ability is Yuzuru and he's not in great condition right now. So Javier can afford to lower his BV. What he needs right now is an easier but clean (ish) skate..if this Javi shows up at Worlds, I'm worried he won't even land on the podium.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Javi 3A is not stable enough. He always had problems with 2nd 3A in LP in the past.
What if he tries a very basic entry for his 3As in the LP? There's a lot of content and transitions in the rest of the program, so no one can fault him for it. And I for one would enjoy a cleaner program even if it has more breathing points.

(I'm trying desperately to think of something, because I don't want him to run off to Worlds like this... but I also suspect that two quads + one 3A won't be enough, unless Yuzuru makes two or more mistakes. And Javi's goal is probably to win, not just to nail down his podium spot).

HanDomi

Record Breaker
What if he tries a very basic entry for his 3As in the LP? There's a lot of content and transitions in the rest of the program, so no one can fault him for it. And I for one would enjoy a cleaner program even if it has more breathing points.

(I'm trying desperately to think of something, because I don't want him to run off to Worlds like this... but I also suspect that two quads + one 3A won't be enough, unless Yuzuru makes two or more mistakes. And Javi's goal is probably to win, not just to nail down his podium spot).

Well to be honest, even his current layout is not enough to beat Yuzuru unless he will make two mistakes. I don't know. I think he definitely should change 2x4s for 2x 4T but it's very dangerous for zayaking.

And he always makes the same mistakes after quads popping lutz. I am so frustrated now :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well to be honest, even his current layout is not enough to beat Yuzuru unless he will make two mistakes. I don't know. I think he definitely should change 2x4s for 2x 4T but it's very dangerous for zayaking.

And he always makes the same mistakes after quads popping lutz. I am so frustrated now :biggrin:
I think he can beat a one-mistake Yuzuru with his current layout (one-jump-mistake Yuzuru, that is. Not "Oh, Yuzuru lost a spin level.") It'll at least be a close battle.

The problem is Javi doesn't seem capable of skating his layout even close to clean. At this rate, he's gonna slip to bronze behind Denis Ten.