2015 Junior Worlds Ladies Free Skate | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2015 Junior Worlds Ladies Free Skate

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I hope so too. She is good but I think not ready yet for seniors. Yes she has some jumps combinations and good spins. But her SS, speed, steps overall performance need a lot of work. Not like she is a bad skater. She is just still juniorish.

:agree:

Well not totally--I do think you underrate her SS and speed. But her steps and overall performance, yes.

She needs better choreography. And music. The music she chose wasn't too "big" for her--she's certainly got a presence on the ice--but it is very sophisticated, far more sophisticated than her choreography. You might say it was too "old" for where she is as of this event. But excitement galore. And excitement not generated by manufactured DramaTrama. How refreshing.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Wakaba def have the potential to become Japanese #1 the next season or two. She is technically impressive and on par with the Russians. I think her timing is very good and she has time to improve overall before next olympics.

oleada

Record Breaker
I think the judging was fine.

I can see how Wakaba gets less PCS - while her skating skills are very strong, her program is quite empty compared to the Russians and she mostly rushes from element to element without creating much of an impression. I'm not saying that Evgenia & Serafima have amazing programs, but I do think they create more of a mood and fulfill the judging criteria better. Wakaba's seems very basic and not very distinctive.

I think she has the most potential out of anyone in this field, but at this point in time, the top 2 Russians have better PCS (IMO). Evgenia was also better overall in the two programs.

I think it was a really great competition. The top 5 all landed 7 triples - amazing!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Among the Japanese ladies, I prefer little Wakaba to tiny Satako. Their jump qualities are really the two ends of a spectrum:) I cannot wait to see how Wakaba challenges the senior Japanese ladies.

Yunamao

Rinkside
With her skating and speed she reminds me a bit Akiko Suzuki.
I wish Akiko would work with her on presentation. Rika improved a little bit thanks to her. Actually when she was a novice she reminded me more of Michelle, not artistically but physically.

Becki

Medalist
She she's a bit of Midori, Miki and Akiko? The next big thing for sure. :yes:

She has very big jumps - if I had to bet my money right now, I think she would be my pick for Olympic Gold in 2018 or 2022. She has some of the highest jumps I've ever seen in lady :O

She also reminds me of Yuna Kim for that matter.

CutieP

On the Ice
Wow! I was sure Zhenya was going to beat Lena's world record points, but she didn't:confused:

My lovely Lena still has it:cheer:

But for how long.......:think:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I wish Akiko would work with her on presentation. Rika improved a little bit thanks to her. Actually when she was a novice she reminded me more of Michelle, not artistically but physically.
you mean wakababy reminds you of Michelle or Rika? I also think wakababy has some quality of akiko, shoulders, arms, exuberance, spins.., akiko could be a very good artistic mentor for her.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
you mean wakababy reminds you of Michelle or Rika? I also think wakababy has some quality of akiko, shoulders, arms, exuberance, spins.., akiko could be a very good artistic mentor for her.

Or choreographer! I did read that Akiko is planning to be one :yay:

Yunamao

Rinkside
Michelle. It was just the first time I ever saw her when she won the 2013 novice nationals, she skated to Don Quixote and immediately after the first few seconds Michelle came to my mind. But today after watching her so many times I don't see that resemblance anymore.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
As I did with SP, I will post a little recap of my experience in Tallinn Arena at Ladies FS

To begin with, I was really happy to see quite a number of spectators there. And everybody was supporting skaters!
This time I went with my mother, who is a dance teacher. So we had sometimes quite a discussion.
Now, some comments, opinions etc.
- Evgenia MEDVEDEVA - Amazing performance, deserved crowned a champion! I expected a higher score. However, this lutz was indeed "e", but everything else was superb. I have to say, I say her performing more freely, but I can get it as she was the leader and knew she had no room for mkstakes(especially skating after Serafima and Wakaba).
- Serafima SAKHANOVICH - She was superb. Great performance, yes, some landings were tight, but landed. 3S+3T+2T! And... the crowd was clapping all the way until the end. She really sold the programme, making it look like easy and telling the story. I loved, loved it! I think she deserved this silver, congrats, Sima!
- Wakaba HIGUCHI - Jumps-yes, impressive! We did not really feel it was her programme and compared to the Russians there was less connection and performance. I did feel it was a lot of the time - element, element...another element. Now, I was really surprised when I saw her TES being 4 points higher that Sima's(in the arena we do not see the TES box). Her flip did not look right and if you give "e" to Sima and Zhenia, please give at least "!" to Wakaba as it was a lip.
- Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA - Loved, loved, loved this performance! She was light, everything looked so easy. This is HER programme and you can feel it. Side note: Brian Orser's reactions during performance are really cute.
- Maria SOTSKOVA - I was so happy Maria delivered! She did look nervous in the beginning and the landings were not 100% there, but everything was landed.
- Yuka NAGAI - Honest opinion: I did not like the programme. For me everything -> her style, music, costume were not connected.
- Karen CHEN - I will repeat my statement from SP thread-> her SS and speed are amazing. Honestly, I am not really a fan, but I was really disappointed about the falls as everything else was superb. Side note: we though the costume was a little too sparkly...