2015 World Junior Championships Mens Free Skate March 7 | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2015 World Junior Championships Mens Free Skate March 7

chezzu

On the Ice
Shoma was really, really, really, really, really lucky that his first jump was called as a 3T<< instead of a 2T. Wow!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I predict a Russian will be on the podium next year and his name will be Andrew Torgashev. :p

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Drat we missed three spots by one placement! But pretty awesome that both Nathan and Andrew finished in the top 6 in the FS.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Congratulations Sota!

I am a big fan of Shoma, but I am not 100% sure if he deserved to win... :confused2:

Yes. Boyang did wonderfully today.

But he won the FS. And got a SB too. If he is steadier next year and tries to improve is SS more he'll get a PCS boost.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
I am thrilled with judging in this comp. The last group wasn't held up with PCS. USA just missed three spots for next year....not a bad showing. Also, if Torgashev remains healthy he will be one heck of a star....third highest PCS of the night at age 13!

burntBREAD

Medalist
Oh, wow, looks like Shoma didn't Zayak because he barely eked out enough rotation on his pop to make it enough for 3T<<.. If not then he would've lost the title!

burntBREAD

Medalist
The U.S. placed third in terms of country placement, though, so they'll receive max JGP spots next season.

Noolan

On the Ice
Not an unexpected result for Russia, sadly. Pitkeev and Petrov aren't as good as Shoma and Boyang. They could fight Sota, but no luck this time. And I don't care what his scores are, but I love Samarin's skating :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
In theory, if only he hadn't doubled the 3T yesterday... but in practice, the judges would just give Shoma even more PCS than he already got, giving him the win anyway.

And he wasn't even all that good.

Wooo, spit out those sour grapes please.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Looking at the scoresheet, there seems to one judge that gives a notable array of scores to skaters. For example, here are the differences between the highest & lowest scores:

boyang jin judge #1- 2.50 points
sota yamamoto judge #2- 2.75
nathan chen #7- 2.00
daniel samohin #6- 2.00
adian pitkeev #1- 3.00

If this is the same judge, it's almost as if.... they are actually scoring them based on their individual skills..... An amazing new concept....

Caustica

Final Flight
Omg Boyang got an underrotation on his 1Lo. LOL

And I didn't see that underrotation on Shoma's second 3A. :confused: hmm

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nathan actually scored a point higher than he did last year. Yes the placement was lower, but considering his injuries, he didn't do too bad. I wonder if he will move up to seniors...