Breakthrough - Liza Tuks joins the echelons of 3A ladies | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Breakthrough - Liza Tuks joins the echelons of 3A ladies

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Midori's 3axel is still in a league of it's own. Mao and Tuk's axel doesn't really stand out in the height like Ito got on hers and just looks like another triple.

Every party has a pooper....

mrrice

Record Breaker
Come on Jammers. Were we watching the same program? I love Midori too and other than the fact they both did triple axels, they're very different skaters. Tuka is a performer as much as she's a jumper. Maybe more. I never see it her gorgeous eyes, the terror of an approaching jump. She delivers a performance that you can't ignore even when she doesn't do a triple axel. Best of luck to her in the long program. You can do it Tuka:cheer2:

Last edited:

Iscariot

On the Ice
Midori's 3axel is still in a league of it's own. Mao and Tuk's axel doesn't really stand out in the height like Ito got on hers and just looks like another triple.

God...
Let others skaters have their own achievements with no comparison:rolleye:!!!

gammarae

Rinkside
I am really excited about the 3A! The more the merrier.

One of my skating favorite memories is the day when we saw two women do triple axels at the same event: Yukari Nakano AND Ludmila Nelidina. Another is sitting in the practice in Colorado Springs watching Asada do one after the other.

Mony

On the Ice
Really great that she landed it. She has come a long way from her disappointment of last year. Let's hope she continues being consistent.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Congrats to Liza. I was doubting it at first but she proved me wrong. She's now the one to beat for the next few years.

begin

Medalist
Do You really think they should underscore her in PCS compared to the other competitors just to keep the competition alive? That would be grossly unfair in my opinion. I have to add that I don't care for world records in FS. They changed the rules so many times, you just can't compare the scores. The ISU should drop them imho. I compare her PCS to her current competitors. No problems there.

I don't think they should underscore her. I think they should score her appropriately (which they're unlikely to do).
No mention of WRs here.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
now that Liza has a 3A:bow:, all the other ladies including other Russian babies need to find a way to pull ahead. it is possible. can't wait:biggrin:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I don't think they should underscore her. I think they should score her appropriately (which they're unlikely to do).
No mention of WRs here.
I only mentioned the world records because so many people say, whhaaaa, she/he/they got that high PCS compared to xxxx and yyyy a couple of years ago etc.
My simple question is: compared to whom do you think Elizaveta isn't scored appropriately? And is Elizaveta overscored or is somebody else underscored? Just saying that "the judges should calm down with her PCS" doesn't seem right to me. To me she had the best skate of the day and therefore the highest PCS.

Meoima

Match Penalty
At least they don't have wrapped leg. Not that I think Midori's 3A was not amazing, she was amazing and her 3A has always been. But obviously Mao and Liza have something good over her.

begin

Medalist
I only mentioned the world records because so many people say, whhaaaa, she/he/they got that high PCS compared to xxxx and yyyy a couple of years ago etc.
My simple question is: compared to whom do you think Elizaveta isn't scored appropriately? And is Elizaveta overscored or is somebody else underscored? Just saying that "the judges should calm down with her PCS" doesn't seem right to me. To me she had the best skate of the day and therefore the highest PCS.

Therein lies our disagreement then. I think Liza's sores were fine tonight but PCS aren't there to reflect the best TES performance.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I'm still not a big fan of hers, and I don't think much of her Bolero as an artistic triumph, there is no denying one thing.

That 3A was really, really good. She deserved every point she got tonight.

She deserves the placement, and she deserves the big lead she has. That was far, far, far better than anything else delivered on the evening.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Therein lies our disagreement then. I think Liza's sores were fine tonight but PCS aren't there to reflect the best TES performance.
No, we actually agree on that, PCS shouldn't reflect the TES score. When I say she had the best skate of the day I mean that she had the best skate of the day, not the best jumps. If you nail an element like that it certainly adds to the performance, to the interpretation and to the program, because she obviously gained a lot of confidence from it. You can't ignore how the crowd was all attention. And it's not that she got a whole lot of points more than the others in PCS.
And you didn't answer my question: Compared to whom do you think she was overscored in PCS? Elena? Satako? Kanako? Maybe Gracie? Zijun? Polina?

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I thought the PCS scores were just fine. Delivering the elements as well as she did does add some excitement to the program and the judges are human so it wouldn't surprise me if they got caught up in the moment. However, she was mostly in the mid-8's, and a total of 2-3 points ahead of Elena, Ashley and Gracie, so to me it was overscored at all relative to the other competitors.

CarneAsada

Medalist
While I'm still not a big fan of hers, and I don't think much of her Bolero as an artistic triumph, there is no denying one thing.

That 3A was really, really good. She deserved every point she got tonight.

She deserves the placement, and she deserves the big lead she has. That was far, far, far better than anything else delivered on the evening.
My thoughts exactly. I don't like the rest of her skating/programs but there's no denying she can sell them, and that 3A was excellent. I'm so glad to see someone really pushing the sport by keeping the 3A legacy alive.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
My thoughts exactly. I don't like the rest of her skating/programs but there's no denying she can sell them, and that 3A was excellent. I'm so glad to see someone really pushing the sport by keeping the 3A legacy alive.

Agreed. And hopefully this will push other skaters to pursue quads and 3A themselves. I think come 2018, we'll see about 3-5 3A or quad attempts in the SP. Does the ISU allow quad attempts for ladies in the SP or is it just a triple?

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The 3A will definitely become common now, as predicted. It's such a massive point difference in the SP and there is no real differentiation between the GOE's of other elements or on the PCS.

Now, regarding Tuk's 3A, it's great that she pulled it off, but we shouldn't be calling the jump itself excellent. The air position is not very good and the rotation was tight, plus she landed on the inside edge. You can see the jerkiness on the landing as the blade flips back over to an outside edge. If any male skater did a 3A like this it would be 0 GOE.