Max Aaron | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max just posted a super-lovely msg on social media:
"The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team." --Phil Jackson. It was an amazing trip with these incredible athletes! Thank you Japan for the overwhelming support and hospitality. It is always a privilege to skate amongst the worlds best and the journey that comes along with it. I enjoyed every second of it and can't wait for the new season to begin! #TeamUSA #WTT15
https://instagram.com/p/1uE7yaI2HQ/

We can't wait either :).

I like his tight costumes.

Me too. :eek:: ...

No comment ;).

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
No feathers, I hope. I actually think something in plain black, very like to the Carmen costume, perhaps with a bit of white or silver detailing in a subtle way. If the idea is to make him look like a dansuer, then he's mostly got that look down already. But the sparkles aren't really him and lord no please no feathers.
:agree:

Also, I think the tightness of the outfit works. And I don't mean this in a fangirl way. I think it highlights his improved line and enhanced his movements. Frankly, I always thought Patrick Chan's outfits made him look bulkier than he actually was (which is okay for Patrick and in some way enhances his presence/posture, but I prefer a streamlined look when it's Max-on-Black-Swan).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max just posted a super-lovely msg on social media:
"The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team." --Phil Jackson. It was an amazing trip with these incredible athletes! Thank you Japan for the overwhelming support and hospitality. It is always a privilege to skate amongst the worlds best and the journey that comes along with it. I enjoyed every second of it and can't wait for the new season to begin! #TeamUSA #WTT15
https://instagram.com/p/1uE7yaI2HQ/

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, Max! :love:

:eek:: :eek:: :eek::

Also, I think the tightness of the outfit works. And I don't mean this in a fangirl way. I think it highlights his improved line and enhanced his movements. Frankly, I always thought Patrick Chan's outfits made him look bulkier than he actually was (which is okay for Patrick and in some way enhances his presence/posture, but I prefer a streamlined look when it's Max-on-Black-Swan).

Yes. Max himself is streamlined and athletic, so it makes sense that his costumes highlight that body line and movement. Male ballet dancers wear tights when performing, to highlight their line and movement, so skating costumes can be the same.

Not to be totally off-topic, but it was one of the things I hated most about Jason's original Prince costume. Between the ruffles and the puffy sleeves, the costume looked like it was swallowing him, and it ruined his natural line.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'd love to see him with some transparency in his costume... in his Black Swan... :love:

Well, he does have to keep things relatively family-friendly... :eek::

The inserts of mesh in his Carmen costume were such teases!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Essay by Phillip Mills re Max's new programs and PM's work with other Broadmoor skaters, past and present:

Excerpts:

... Not only will [Max's] programs be sporting more classical music and pure classical lines, but his skating will take on a new focus.

... We are both dedicated to spending the time needed to transform these programs into strong artistic pieces. The change process is a total commitment on both of our parts.

My vision for Max’s long program is to use Siegfried’s journey from Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake. This adventure takes Siegfried through the complexity of falling in love with the beautifully serene and loving Odette only to be tricked into betrothing his love to the evil and conniving Odile. Although the program finishes with the bravura men’s variation from the coda of the Act 1 Pas de Deux, Siegfried is still conflicted about where his allegiance lies.

Luciano Pavarotti has been heralded as one of the greatest tenors who ever lived. My new piece for Max’s short program features Pavarotti’s stirring Nessun Dorma not only inspiring but also important to Max’s development in character acting. The story is about a young man who is terribly infatuated with a girl who he thinks is out of his league. Is she? Or is this young man about to embark on a new facet of his own life all while developing new found confidence.

The link is on PM's home page. I posted a week ago about the Max photos there.
Not sure whether the essay link was subsequently added ... or whether I overlooked it earlier???

Anyway, great to read Phillip's insight into working with Max :yes:.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That was a wonderful read!

Or is this young man about to embark on a new facet of his own life all while developing new found
confidence?

I love this description of his Nessun Dorma. :love:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
25-second video of Max Aaron's dress-rehearsal program for this weekend's shows in Centennial, Colorado.

Bkgd:
Showtime on Ice is hosted by both Denver Figure Skating Club and Colorado Skating Club.
The guest skaters this year are Polina Edmunds and Max.
Four performances over three days.
The Denver Broncos and the Bowlen family (Broncos owners) are longtime supporters of the annual show, and in their honor, a portion of ticket sales from opening night (tonight) will be donated to the Alzheimer’s Association of Colorado. [The Broncos posted a promotional tweet about the opening night VIP reception, where guests will meet Max and Polina.]
A teen skater battling a spinal cord injury (from a March skiing accident in Colorado) is being honored on Saturday.

ETA, pre-show photo of Max with some of the skaters:

That was a wonderful read!

Or is this young man about to embark on a new facet of his own life all while developing new found confidence?

I love this description of his Nessun Dorma. :love:

:agree: Struck me too as very apropos for Max.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
So. . . . which show do you all think would be the best to try to catch?

FYI, I just added a tweet about the VIP reception tonight (for opening night) to the post above. It says that Max and Polina will be at the reception.

I haven't looked to see how much the reception tix cost. If the man in your life will be accompanying you ... and if you don't mind ;) him meeting Broncos cheerleaders, they will be at the reception too. Etc., etc.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
FYI, I just added a tweet about the VIP reception tonight (for opening night) to the post above. It says that Max and Polina will be at the reception.

I haven't looked to see how much the reception tix cost. If the man in your life will be accompanying you ... and if you don't mind ;) him meeting Broncos cheerleaders, they will be at the reception too. Etc., etc.

I'm dragging him to see Max, like have have room to complain.

We are thinking of the early show tomorrow actually. He had to leave a little before 6 am for work today so, he is ready for the day to be over and start drinking right now.

So far his only complaining has been "so how long is this fairy thing supposed to be?" He took comfort in the number of shows happening that it is not some marathon.

EDIT: cant find anything on tickets to the reception. . . bah.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm dragging him to see Max, like have have room to complain.

We are thinking of the early show tomorrow actually. He had to leave a little before 6 am for work today so, he is ready for the day to be over and start drinking right now.

So far his only complaining has been "so how long is this fairy thing supposed to be?" He took comfort in the number of shows happening that it is not some marathon.

EDIT: cant find anything on tickets to the reception. . . bah.

Sorry, I see here that ticket sales for tonight's VIP event have ended.
But not for tonight's show performance (I think??).

Maybe a Saturday meet-and-greet also is happening??
At the top of the USFS fanzone article:
Georgiana will be honored during an ice show on Saturday, April 25, at the South Suburban Ice Arena in Centennial, Colorado, (6580 South Vine Street).
The show titled “Fairytales on Ice” will included headliners 2013 U.S. champion Max Aaron and Olympian Polina Edmunds. The show gets underway with a meet-and-greet at 6 p.m., with the show starting at 7:30 p.m.

If you want to try to get more information, some e-mail addresses are here:

LOL, I already was getting jealous ;) over your Boitano idea ... and now this?? :laugh: :hopelessness: :cool:
Have fun! :yay:

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Sorry, I see here that ticket sales for tonight's VIP event have ended.
But not for tonight's show performance (I think??).

Maybe a Saturday meet-and-greet also is happening??
At the top of the USFS fanzone article:
Georgiana will be honored during an ice show on Saturday, April 25, at the South Suburban Ice Arena in Centennial, Colorado, (6580 South Vine Street).
The show titled “Fairytales on Ice” will included headliners 2013 U.S. champion Max Aaron and Olympian Polina Edmunds. The show gets underway with a meet-and-greet at 6 p.m., with the show starting at 7:30 p.m.

If you want to try to get more information, some e-mail addresses are here:

LOL, I already was getting jealous ;) over your Boitano idea ... and now this?? :laugh: :hopelessness: :cool:
Have fun! :yay:

Well now I may have to reconsider. The midday one is just so convenient maybe they will be loitering around between session, or maybe they will be around early. They sure do like to scatter information everywhere.

Have not seen anymore on Boitano either. I am wondering if it has already occurred and was just poorly worded. I found a similar one that was from 2011 that made it very clear the price included 10 bottles of win though! The better half is napping rather than drinking, so who knows.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Looks like "Too Close" is the new ex and not just a one-off.

I'm so jealous of you StitchMonkey! Have a fabulous time :)