Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 377 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Imagine

Medalist
I love you Yulia! But I just can't with that costume lol....solid outing though...just one tiny flub...seems like the audience's clapping threw her off a bit too in the step sequence. Change in hairstyle is nice too.

Also I was shocked like whoa, who is her new coach!!! Then I realized...lol

moviebuff

On the Ice
She should cover the boots with the tights completely, the rockabilly girls want their legs to look long! Her hair looks great though.

:yes:
The half covered boots only work with all black or mostly-black (eg. Via con me EX) full body catsuits.

PS: Eteri, we want your curls back!

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
The protocols are out

I don't get few things: -1 for the 3F, -1 for 2A and 0,1 GoE's for the FCSp4? Why? :scratch:
The choreography 7 is a joke. Should get minimum 8s now.

p.s. I think the editing of the music in the end should be modified a bit. I don't like that cut as it is.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really like the costume but it's just me!

I felt she did very well here for her first outing and comeback :) It will improve as the season goes on.

witcher

Match Penalty
1. Gosh, she is so beautiful. :love::drama:
2. This was worse than at test skates: slower, less expressive, with lesser extensions and mistakes.
3. Julia Lipnitskaya can rock ANY costume. You could put sackcloth on her and she'd look good in it. :biggrin:
4. There were weird dull moments in the second part of program, which I didn't notice at test skates.
5. Did I mention she looks beautiful? :love:

berry8

Final Flight
I see Yulia went with an acid-trip themed costume. :rofl:

Yep:) This weird-looking rainbow-costume is way too distracting (seems like the fairy of that animated cartoon with ponies ).... That being said she was so rude to those lovely roses-sweepers:( not even a smile:(
She can't be friendly :(

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I think Yulia did good here but to be honest this program is not as memorable as Megapolis.

I think the color of her costume (which I believe is inspired from her room) could work if the design of the dress is a bit different. I hope she'd lose the belt and gloves.
I love the hair styling tho. It's not something we see a lot in female skaters these days. They usually all have buns.

Ok now I'm tempted to paint/draw my own version of this season's costumes. I'm starting with Yulia's. :)

Last edited:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Yep:) This weird-looking rainbow-costume is way too distracting (seems like the fairy of that animated cartoon with ponies ).... That being said she was so rude to those lovely roses-sweepers:( not even a smile:(

I think she's just not happy about her skate. We all have bad days.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think Yulia did good here but to be honest this program is not a memorable as Megapolis.

I think the color of her costume could work if the design of the dress is a bit different. I hope she'd lose the belt and gloves.
I love the hair styling tho. It's not something we see a lot in female skaters these days. They usually all have buns.

Ok now I'm tempted to paint/draw my own version of this season's costumes. I'm starting with Yulia's. :)

:cheer: Please share!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Personally I don't dislike the dress, it looks nice and she looks nice in most things but I don't understand the connection of the dress and her music?
I think she's not at her top form yet, but it doesn't matter. More competitions and she will learn and cope up with it better.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't think she was rude, she was taking photos with Eteri and I think she did say thank you to the small girls. Maybe a faint smile somewhere.

waterskiiiepic123

On the Ice
Eteri said to Yulia that the mistake in the combo was unexpected, look at her hands she's so nervous, and it's understandable first competition for 10 month give yourself a break girl,lol!

witcher

Match Penalty
It's only first impression, if you watch it again, you clearly see she was posing to the photos with Eteri and then smiled twice and thanked once receiving the flowers. All girls were happy too.

Alba

Record Breaker
I really like the costume but it's just me!

I felt she did very well here for her first outing and comeback :) It will improve as the season goes on.

She is not in great shape yet, it's obvious. She needs to give much more in terms of performance and interpretation and I'm hoping that will come as the season goes on. I guess she's too focused and concerned with technical elements right now. The program has a huge potential and she needs to give it all and let go.

2. This was worse than at test skates: slower, less expressive, with lesser extensions and mistakes.

I strongly disagree. She is in much better shape and fast here than in Sochi. She even managed to get Level4 in the StSq. She's not in great form yet but that was expected. At least I did. She's adjusting step by step. I think that was good for a first competition.

Last edited:

witcher

Match Penalty
Eteri said to Yulia that the mistake in the combo was unexpected, look at her hands she's so nervous, and it's understandable first competition for 10 month give yourself a break girl,lol!
I understand her "Greetz to everybody. In Khrustalnyi. And everyone rooting for me." :yay:

But what she says in the end: "______ popravlayetcya"? :unsure: