2016 Skate Canada Men's LP | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Men's LP

Sackie

Medalist
Do not see a big difference between Ashley winning last week with a big lead after the short and Chan here! Yet such things are OK when they happen at SA!

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
That program seemed very empty to me... lots of crossovers! He really needs to work on his refinement, lines, etc.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Yassss!!!!!

Before people go crazy, let's remember Chan had an 11-point lead and his program even with the doubles was just so superior. And Hanyu got two downgrades, tripled a quad, and doubled a quad over the course of the competition.

Chan also only got 91 PCS which is pretty reasonable.

Only 91 PCS? He wuzrobbed. Such wonderful unmatched skating, interpretation, and performance deserve much higher marks.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Mura's program needed some dramatic hair grabbing in it, the music called for it with all its dramatic angst :cool: Why else have hair like that and not use it? :cool14:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I expected that, Yuzuru deserved to be ahead in the FS, but Chan had the SP cushion.

This is the thing to remember. Both were PCS overscored in the SP, but I would say the judges got the PCS right in the LP with Chan scoring about 3 points higher than Hanyu. If you compare the actual programs themselves, it's pretty apparent that difference is about right.

Lota

Record Breaker
No Mura, this is not how you jump :bang: :tantrum:

I did like his program in general though (war-horses4life indeed), shame about no podium...

Leonardo

Final Flight
This is the thing to remember. Both were PCS overscored in the SP, but I would say the judges got the PCS right in the LP with Chan scoring about 3 points higher than Hanyu. If you compare the actual programs themselves, it's pretty apparent that difference is about right.

That is soooo 2012 :laugh:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
If Hanyu made only half of the mistakes yesterday and got about 87-88 points then he would won the competition easily over Chan. It's a shame, it really seems like he's got not good luck at Skate Canada.