Max Aaron | Page 74 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Guys, have we heard any info at all on Max's programs? I know he tends to be a bit secretive, and I can't recall any social media hints about programs, choreographers, keeping Snuggle Bullfighter for next year, etc. Thx for any info.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Guys, have we heard any info at all on Max's programs? I know he tends to be a bit secretive, and I can't recall any social media hints about programs, choreographers, keeping Snuggle Bullfighter for next year, etc. Thx for any info.

TomZ said that Max had something in mind for the Olympic year and the bullfighter one was not intended for more than this season. He then added that after seeing it and how well it works... he was thinking about encouraging Max to reconsider.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Darn - I was afraid of that. We barely got to see Snuggle Bullfighter...Well, guess there's nothing to do but wait then for the official announcements. Thought maybe I missed it.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
With the exception of the WTT 2015 thing, Max is usually a fairly late announcer. I'll have a wander back through this thread to see when we got news of the Lion King.

EDIT:

Last year, it seems we heard the first rumours about Max's music via TSL on July 4 - still more than a month away - and did not get a confirmation until he skated at Collegiates in August.

Aiiiiiiiii...........

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:rofl:

My wager would probably be 5'5". 5'6" at a push.

To add to my previous post, this was last year's timeline for the Lion King:

July 4: Rumour is published by TSL that the music will be Lion King
August: Max competes at Collegiates; Lion King is confirmed as music, no video
September (early): Max competes at Lombardia; the stream crashes partway through his FS and we don't see all of it
September (late): Max competes at ACI. First full vision of Lion King FS.

So there's every chance that we won't find out for ages, and won't see it for even longer.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
This thread is long overdue for some Max photos :yes:.

Great scenic shot of Ashley, Adam, Max:

I love this one of SnuggleBat being snuggly with OTC friends (non-skaters + Tarah Kayne):

OTC friends on an ice-cream outing:

Throwback to a charity event from a previous year:

Which I will use as an ersatz segue to catch up and finally mention a different charity event:
Max supported Make-A-Wish once again this year. In past years, we have seen him as a celebrity server wearing a jacket with tails. For 2017, his role was table host.

As more catch-up for posterity, LA2024's tweet featuring Max:

ETA, forgot to say:

Last year's Aerial Challenge animated logo that had moving video of Max has returned as a giant :cool: version on the Juvenile Diabetes fundraising page for this year's AC.

Go, Team Bradley :yay:.​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max Aaron | Catching Up With Team USA (USFS video):

Among other things, he refers to his new programs [plural] ... without saying what they are :popcorn: ...

And he says that he just finished his spring semester, but does not mention graduation (so I guess he has not crossed the finish line yet??).

Some of the images of Max are very nice :ghug:.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm hoping he just slipped when he said programs, because if the Matador only gets that disastrous outing at Nats and then disappears, I will be so sad.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm hoping he just slipped when he said programs, because if the Matador only gets that disastrous outing at Nats and then disappears, I will be so sad.

Or ... IMO, it seems within the realm of possibility that maybe/maybe/maybe Max considers Matador to still be "new"?? A program that he has competed only once perhaps would still feel "new" to him?

OTOH, I could understand if Max wanted to turn the page and start fresh after last season :ghug:, even though he competed it only once.

:popcorn:

More from Ashley Wagner of the Three Musketeers:

(And Max was cute in her sassy Instagram story of the swans yesterday.)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Ok, how cute is that photo of Max and Tarah?! 2 of my biggest favorites! Hope Tarah is doing better.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Immediate reaction to first photo: :eek:: :love: :eek::

Immediate reaction to second photo: PUT A HELMET ON MAX. :furious:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He has an outstanding overall look going on in that photo. The hair is done well, the facial hair, the sweater, the jeans.

:eek::

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
ALERT ALERT ALERT

MAX IN SINGLES ROUND OF AERIAL CHALLENGE

FREE LIVE STREAM AT THE PLACE THE BROADMOOR STREAM WAS

ladies first then men.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Let's have a chat about Max in the Aerial Challenge because we actually learned kind of a lot?

I don't know how many people watched yesterday but the video of the team event today is archived on US Figure Skating's facebook page.

So, things:

- His triple Axel. The ones he did yesterday left me gasping. Huge, massive, good distance, and the rotation was so easy it looked like a double at first glance.

- His quad toe. This jump was freaking money for him across both days. Gorgeous. Lower than a lot of his jumps but easily around and he didn't have that slightly hesitant "omg am I going to land this" approach that characterised a lot of his 4Ts around 2014ish.

- Choreography! We saw the tiniest sneak peek snippet of choreography from him yesterday in the round where he had to do two quads back to back. He obviously chose to do a program segment, so I guess the two quads back to back like that are in the layout. We saw some choreo between the toe and the sal. Nothing I recognised, so it's brand new. Hard to tell what kind of music it might be, perhaps something sharper.

- His tank top. :biggrin: If it suits, I am 100% in favour of tank top Max this season.