Berezhnaya engaged to Steven Cousins? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Berezhnaya engaged to Steven Cousins?

euterpe

Medalist
I'm sure Shae Lynn must have been well aware of Nikolai's drinking problem, because they lived together for years before she married him. I never understood why she married him in the first place.

Mad Hatter

Match Penalty
I'm sure Shae Lynn must have been well aware of Nikolai's drinking problem, because they lived together for years before she married him. I never understood why she married him in the first place.

Love, or her delusion of love had blinded her.

Zanzibar

Final Flight

I've had plenty of dealings with Nikolai and he's never been a drunk that I've witnessed - especially compared to many of his compatriots who really hit the hard stuff hard.

I think she married him because he is an immensely charming, talented and hardworking man. On top of that, at least in previous years, he was so in love with Shae he would just beam at the mention of her name. Very sad that this one has hit the skids.

Mad Hatter

Match Penalty
I've had plenty of dealings with Nikolai and he's never been a drunk that I've witnessed - especially compared to many of his compatriots who really hit the hard stuff hard.

I think she married him because he is an immensely charming, talented and hardworking man. On top of that, at least in previous years, he was so in love with Shae he would just beam at the mention of her name. Very sad that this one has hit the skids.

Now I am genuinely bummed for them. I wanted this one to last. I've met Nikolai a few times at various events and he is charming and seemingly a nice approachable man. We all have our vices, and his might be infidelity.

euterpe

Medalist
I've met Nikolai a few times at various events and he is charming and seemingly a nice approachable man. We all have our vices, and his might be infidelity.

No kidding! He left his pregnant wife for Shae. Now he's with another man's wife, whom he has impregnated. Grushina must be an idiot to put herself in this situation.

Mad Hatter

Match Penalty
No kidding! He left his pregnant wife for Shae. Now he's with another man's wife, whom he has impregnated. Grushina must be an idiot to put herself in this situation.

Well Morozov was no genius to begin with. Sadly love or lust is blinding and people do stupid things. The individual I feel worst for is Ruslan, I heard he's a mess over it. :frown:

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Grushina and Goncharov have indeed split up and it was not even a "newsy" story during Skate America. They did hang out in the same section though (with other skaters) but not together. Ruslan kept moving from one seat to another. I never saw him with Morozov and Shae Lynn.

On the other hand, Morozov, Shae Lynn, Grushina and Morozov's kid were all hanging out together (breakfast, dinner, etc.). If he split from Shae Lynn and hooked up with Elena, it must've happened recenly - or at least back at SA, Shae Lynn must've been in the dark.

elena looked lovely and did not look like she was pregnant at all. If the allegations of her being pregnant are true, then she must be not too far along.

She can still skate with Ruslan. Other couples have done that. Skating together is how they can make money, so I assume their attitude will be "the show must go on".

ITA with other posters comments about Morozov and Shae Lynn. She started dating him while he was still married, why have such high expectations about his view on the sanctity of the "marriage"?

I have to add through in that it's people like that that create a mockery out of the marriage, NOT 2 commited gay people who have been together forever and want to be married IMHO, of course).

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
ITA with other posters comments about Morozov and Shae Lynn. She started dating him while he was still married, why have such high expectations about his view on the sanctity of the "marriage"?

I have to add through in that it's people like that that create a mockery out of the marriage, NOT 2 commited gay people who have been together forever and want to be married IMHO, of course).

Sorry to disappoint you, but as you know we have legal civil partnership ceremonies for gays in the UK, and the first couple to take up the opportunity have just announced their divorce! :disapp:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Talk about "Days of Our Lives." I am not buying any of this until I hear from a more reliable source......

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland

Or the other way round... Morozov started to date Bourne while he was still married and left his pregnant wife. Bourne was free.

Last edited:

babyoscar

On the Ice
Caryn Kadavy

There was a pic in a recent BOI with Caryn and her boyfriend. They ran the caption as Caryn and her husband Bret Johnson (that was her husband's name, right?) They had to print a correction in the next issue that said it should have read her new boyfriend's name. I was surprised too since I hadn't heard that she had split with her husband. Sad that so few seem to make it these days. I'm sure that the added pressure in skating (pros touring, ams competing abroad) must not help matters.

Caryn Kadavy been divorced awhile ago. I can't remember where I heard it exactly, but it was either summer of 2003 or 2004 said that she was going through a rough divorce from her doctor husband. And CK came back to skating after her injury to have something to do to take her mind off the divorce. So even if she did get divorce in 2004, it has been 2 years.

euterpe

Medalist
elena looked lovely and did not look like she was pregnant at all. If the allegations of her being pregnant are true, then she must be not too far along.

She can still skate with Ruslan. Other couples have done that. Skating together is how they can make money, so I assume their attitude will be "the show must go on".

Skate with Ruslan while pregnant with another man's child? Maybe after the baby is born and Nikolai has left her for someone else, but certainly not in the forseeable future.

Mad Hatter

Match Penalty
Skate with Ruslan while pregnant with another man's child? Maybe after the baby is born and Nikolai has left her for someone else, but certainly not in the forseeable future.

I wonder how Ruslan is coping with this. Ten years, you'd think they'd last.

Gwendolyn

Rinkside
It's too hard to keep up with all this!!!! Didn't Shae and Nicolai get married just this year? And Josee and her husband got divorced? When?!?!? I'm confused with all this partner-swapping!!!

Re: divorce, the stats that say 50% of marriages split is actually quite skewed by "repeat offenders", the people who married, get divorced, marry, get divorced, etc. etc. So really, it's not exactly half of all marriages. It's kind of like Ross from Friends. Divorce was his "thing" remember? And now when I think of it, maybe Morosov too....

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Sorry to disappoint you, but as you know we have legal civil partnership ceremonies for gays in the UK, and the first couple to take up the opportunity have just announced their divorce! :disapp:

But sadly civil partnerships are not marriage - they're not called marriages and neither to they grant the parties the same rights...to me civil partnership was an attempt to take a step in the right direction but is ultimately a joke. You can't call what that couple are doing now a divorce any more than you can call what they did a marriage.

Ant

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
The first gay couple to get married in Massachusetts has also filed for divorce. However, I think Yana was talking not of people who get divorces, but of people who cheat, get married without much thought, cheat, etc.