2021 U.S. Nationals: Senior Ladies - Short Program | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2021 U.S. Nationals: Senior Ladies - Short Program

Weathergal

Medalist
Wow - Fantastic job by Bradie! :) I really like this program for her. I appreciate that she is using interesting music choices, paired with interesting choreography. She seems really confident, which is great to see. :)
Could not agree more! I liked this program the first time I saw her skate it and was looking forward to it here. She did not disappoint! Very happy for her!

musicfan98

On the Ice
Enjoyed tonight, especially Bradie. She has my vote to win, since she was robbed two years in a row. I liked Alysa better than I have in past years but I still feel her style needs some maturity. The choreography she was given feels very junior. I liked Audrey and Hanna too. Something felt off about Mariah today. I didn't like this program as much as I did at Skate America.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Not sure if that should've been downgraded, but at the very least it deserved a UR. How do they not call such an obvious underrotation? The judges didn't even have the conscience to slap a q on it...

UR for sure. I'll have to see how the actual math plays out in the protocols, but I think I might still put her in the lead because the other elements are very smooth.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't underestimate the energy of geckos, puppies and kitties! :laugh:

I've been watching the audience and seeing the pets and the gecko, and I thought to myself: If I were in the position to do it, I'd buy two seats, and then do two cardboard figures for my fave childhood cartoon characters, the Wonder Twins. LOL

Can you imagine the skaters seeing a pair of super heroes in the audience? LOL

Wonder_Twins.jpg

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
This was a mediocre event for me overall. Tennell was a nice surprise, but the skate that caught my attention the most was one with a fall and by a girl I never heard of. I hope Andrews and Shin do better in the free.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I've been watching the audience and seeing the pets and the gecko, and I thought to myself: If I were in the position to do it, I'd buy two seats, and then do two cardboard figures for my fave childhood cartoon characters, the Wonder Twins. LOL

Can you imagine the skaters seeing a pair of super heroes in the audience? LOL

Wonder_Twins.jpg
Wonder Twin powers -- ACTIVATE! Shape of -- FIGURE SKATING FANS

musicfan98

On the Ice
Nice skate from Thorngren but she needs more speed. Why can't US coaches teach the basics like the Russian and Japaanese coaches do?
I would pay good money to see the US ladies (all expect Bradie and Alysa) go to a Russian/Japanese training camp. I need skaters to launch themselves into programs and just go for it, regardless if they fall down.

rollerblade

Record Breaker

Haha, I wonder if you could. Copyright issues might block you even if you have the money.