I can’t help but cheer for | Golden Skate

I can’t help but cheer for

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That South African swimmer who won while wearing those dangly earrings.

What a boss.
I’ll have to try to find that. I watch as much swimming as I can but NBC has 7000 hours of coverage. That is a lot of coverage.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Swimming. S-Cook is from Australia or New Zealand. The CBC announcers use his full hyphenated last name unless they are in a hurry, when they just say Cook.
I’ll have to try to find these swimmers. There is just so many hours of it. And I’m a swimmer so it’s interesting.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
After unsuccessfull participation in 24 games (14 Summer, 10 Winter) the proud nation of San Marino with a population of 33600 has finally become the smallest country ever to win an Olympic medal. Shooter Alessandra Perilli not only won the bronze medal in the women's trap event, with her partner Gian Marco Berti she even won silver in the mixed trap team.

Three cheers for San Marino! May the world shiver when the mouse roars! :clap:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
This 32-year-old from Japan, Kohei Kameyama: https://sports.yahoo.com/gymnastics-despair-games-debut-japans-082237216.html His story popped up at me on Yahoo yesterday, and I am happy for his 5th place finish in the horse event today. I really like how he came back from what sounds like depression, and now posts advice on athlete mental health welfare on his website. What an inspiring guy :clap:

Amei

Record Breaker
Umm this might be the weird answer but the Russian team, they are getting a lot of hate and there have been several US athletes speak out against them implying they aren't clean and that they don't belong there. My perspective is that they are probably far more clean than anyone else at the Games because they are being scrutinized.