Favorite Program so far? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favorite Program so far?

Jasper

Final Flight
Mirai's LP
Daisuke Takahashi's SP, LP
I liked his SP a lot, just like many other people. It was very original and fun to watch. Looked very difficult as well.
I liked the emotion in his LP. I think that this kind of romantic, dramatic music suits him very well. But I did not enjoy the costume very much. Purple seems to be a good color on him. But it had so many decorations that it did not look very sophisticated. I actually felt the same way with Miki's costumes (both SP and LP). I wonder if these were all made by Morosov. Their music pieces are kind of similar, too.

Yes, I noticed that Miki and Daisuke both have the ugliest, overly-designed, over-the-top purple costumes for their LPs - and they both have Morosov. Tsk, tsk, Nikolai. Such terrible clothing choices.

And I should add Kostner's SP to my faves. She is truly at her best with George Winston/great piano pieces. I love her SP this year, as well as her SP in 2004-2005 and her SP last season.

Weaver and Poje's OD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vlijYC8QwI

Davis and White's FD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg3Ot6e6H_8

Delobel and Schoenfelder's FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVeztVWtfOE
I know that Delobel and Schoenfelder pride themselves on having complex stories to portray, but this time, I loved it because of its simplicity.
Charlie White has a beautifully positioned back outside camel!! better than most of the top Single skaters (male or female).

I was impressed with he and Davis. Their constant flow over the ice was exceptional, and their togetherness was perfect. I do think, however, their romantic looks are not as genuine as V&M but well rehearsed.

I would consider them highly competitive but who who knows in Skate Dance judging?

Joe

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Dance- V/M Umbrellas - absolutely stunning

Pairs - Havn't seen that many, but loved D/D LP - i know its from last season, but wow

Mens - Havn't seen that many, but Jouberts FS

Ladies -Again, havent seen many, but Mao's FS/ Joannies FS

perlla

Rinkside
Well I just love S/S Ex to Leningrad. It's wounderful.
In dance I like Dom/Shab OD - it's so funny; FD of V/M - stunning, K/N -amaizing.
Men - Lambiel SP
Ladies - Kostner SP wonderful choregraphy and music

carolinefan177

On the Ice
Men: Johnny sp; Patrick sp, lp
Ladies: Caroline sp, lp; Mao sp, lp

What about exhibitions?
Caroline's is exquisite!!!:thumbsup:

Medusa

Record Breaker
It is Joubert's Short Program - I just love it, do not know why, but I think it is really energetic and beautiful.

Well, Lambiel's Long Program. But I loved that last year and I do love it this year.

Yu-Na Kim's short - beautiful choice of music, I love that she took something classical but not often used. I really have no idea why the skaters always use the same classical music - there is such a wide range of different pieces - that are IMO also skating-appropiate. :scratch:.

Mao's long.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Daisuke's new SP. Simply smashing.

Whatever V/M dance. Doesn't matter what program. They're SO good, it's scary.

sorcerer

Final Flight
But it had so many decorations that it did not look very sophisticated. I actually felt the same way with Miki's costumes (both SP and LP). I wonder if these were all made by Morosov.
Yep they are.
They've shown Morozov's sketchbook on TV here.

Miki's personal taste is shown rather in her gala costumes.
(Her costume for Words last season was changed temporarily to what we saw based upon her request. )
AFAIK, the pale aqua colored simple dress was Miki's own favorite till round '05.

Kasey

Medalist
Fave programs of this year so far:

Mukhortova/Trankov's SP to Otonal. Taking a slow and somewhat overused piece of music and making it beautiful again rocks.

Love Andrei Griazev's SP!!!

Also love Takahashi's, Weir's and Lambiel's SPs.

Not at all a Buttle fan, but I enjoyed his SP.

Love Othman's LP, although it's the same as last year....I loved it then also.

Preaubert is always good for amusement, even if he isn't the greatest technical skater!! And I wish Ponsero could skate clean, because he has some beautiful moments.

Hann-McCurdy and Coreno's OD and FD are awesome!!!!

I'm one of the few I guess, but I really like Davis/White's FD. Also really enjoy Belbin/Agosto's, Virtue/Moir's, Delobel/Shoenfelder's, Capellini/Lanotte's, Carron/Jost's....heck, I think I have not seen a FD that I haven't enjoyed.

Ladies are my least favorite, but I like Meier and Korpi's SPs, and as slammed as I may get for it, Emily Hughes' LP.

I'm sure I've missed some, there are a lot of great programs this season!!

dutchherder

Final Flight
I don't think anyone can touch Patrick Chan's LP; it's gorgeous. I like Johnny Weir's long as well. Both of Ryan Bradley's programs are nice, but I just wish I could see him skate them cleanly.

As for the ladies, no one has a program that's really lighting my world on fire. I do like Mao's LP, but I have trouble getting past the fact that I hate, hate, hate her costume for it. It looks like it's going to slip down in the front, and it couldn't possibly make her look more flat-chested.

I LOVE Evora and Ladwig's LP; the lifts are really beautiful.

I really like Belbin and Agosto's FD, but I'm so bummed about Davis and White's.

Lucyb

Spectator
I am a huge Alissa Czisny fan and I have to say that I didn't think that her West Side Story program was great actually. Regardless of whether or not she skated a clean program, I just don't think that the music worked for her. What did everyone else think? I really hope she has a better season this year and reaches her full potential.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I am a huge Alissa Czisny fan and I have to say that I didn't think that her West Side Story program was great actually. Regardless of whether or not she skated a clean program, I just don't think that the music worked for her. What did everyone else think? I really hope she has a better season this year and reaches her full potential.

I don't know if it has actually much to do with the program or the choreography or Czisny herself - but I just found the medley very weird. Probably due to the fact that I know the songs very well and just did not like that they played a few notes of every famous melody in the musical, practically rushed through it. Perhaps it would be better to choose one famous slow ballad and one peppy song of the musical (e.g. Maria and I feel pretty) - and combine them.

I also didn't know if Czisny just had to dance to the music or if she also had some roleplaying to do - because the majority of the program looked as if the choreography did not consider the story behind the music, but at "I feel pretty" it suddenly looked like Czisny was playing the role of Maria... Perhaps I just like the musical too well.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I love Sarah Meyer's SP. Very lovely, pleasant music with beautiful expressions. The music sounds a bit nostalgic and reminds me of old movies. I like her arms and facial expressions that are really engaged in presentation. I like the simple white costume with colorful dots, too. It may be a bit too girlish for Sarah, but still very fresh and cute. I thought that her spirals are improving and so are her spins.

I also like her LP. The music is extremely beautiful. I also like her expressions. She has beautiful arms, line, and posture. Her posture is really good. Falls make feel a bit nervous as I watch her LP, but if she can deliver a clean one this is going to be a fantastic program. In terms of the costume, I like the last year's better. I think that she looks really beautiful in white. I also liked her yellow one two years ago.

I feel that her PCSs could have been higher.

Last edited: