Free Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Free Dance

~tapdancer

On the Ice
As much as I want all the success in the world for them, I have to agree, Joe, that I would be satisfied if they medalled at Worlds this year but then continued to build until 2014. I actually kind of say that because I want them to stay competitive at least until then. I want them to have multiple US championships and I would love to see them as World and Olympic champions (I know I dream totally big!). But I don't really expect that to happen next year.

I gush over them because I simply adore them and love to watch them skate. They seem like genuinely nice young people with strong goals and work ethics and I admire them a lot. I am thrilled with their progress this season and I am so impressed with the improvement since becoming Seniors. I just think they are very deserving of admiration and they will continue to be my favorite ice dance team.

Nadine

Record Breaker
IN is a godsend! :) Yesterday I rewatched Isabelle Delobel & Olivier Schoenfelder's OD about a dozen times. I love this couple & hope they win another Worlds, and the Olympics as well. I'll be rooting for them.

VIVA LA FRANCE!:love:

S&B will always be one of my all-time favorites, and that won't change, just as my love of my other all-time favorites has never waivered over the years/decades (re: Sonja Henie, Oksana Baiul, Sarah Hughes, Abitbol & Bernadis, Anissina & Peizerat).

I love skating, period, and can rewatch certain programs over again & again & again. Thank god for www.youtube.com, wherein I can not only watch skating, but movies & music as well. :)

I love the music from Days of Heaven, and can see S&B skating to this as well ~ here's a brief clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZSkgT77QDk&feature=related

On a downside, it's hard to come down from the high of watching skating, after being away from it months or years, then BOOM, no more skating. At least until the season starts up again. That's the bad thing for me personally, S&B brought me back to skating, then once I get all that old excitement back, it's over before I know it. Still, I'm older now, and I'm actually glad I'm no longer acting like some obsessed freaky skating fan as I did in the past (e.g. joining a fan club, posting every single day on skating boards, going to competitions/shows/et al, making skating a part of my everyday life). Hope to God those days are long gone. There's way more to life than this, though I do appreciate the art & beauty it brings, as I do my other hobbies. :)

So for now I bid this sport adeui. ***until Worlds that is***;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What! What!!! You're not going to watch Junior Worlds on IN????

Dance is in very good shape among the juniors. Jr Worlds has the Hubbells, Shibutanis, and Chock and Zuerlein for the Americans, Ralph and Hill for the Canadians, Riazanova and Guerreiro for the Russians, Findlay and Richaud for the French, and Mysliveckova and Novak for the Czechs, and all of those teams have either a great OD, a great FD or both.

And Agafanova & Dun (UKR) and Routhier & Saucke-Lacelle (CAN) and Pushkash & Kiselev (RUS) aren't half bad either.

I'm very excited about it and perhaps should write a virtual program/preview for it.

Bruin714

On the Ice
Fake Emotion vs. Real Emotion

Aren't just about all emotions during a competitive dance fake?

The more experienced teams might be better at showing emotions, but this just means that they're better at faking, better actors. It doesn't mean their emotion is real.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching fake emotions. Much better than the expressionless faces many singles and pairs skaters have.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Mostly, but not necessarily, the emotions are acting. But it's real acting.

DelSchoes FD is about their decision to continue skating. I would assume that the emotions they show during that piece are real.

And when dancers have decided that they are a a couple off the ice, as well as on, I would think that the steamy emotions they show have some reality, too.

Aren't just about all emotions during a competitive dance fake?

The more experienced teams might be better at showing emotions, but this just means that they're better at faking, better actors. It doesn't mean their emotion is real.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching fake emotions. Much better than the expressionless faces many singles and pairs skaters have.
It's not just the facial poses, it is the entire body that shows emotion. The French team has the best at this time. imo. and V/M are very close by.

D/W are going through the motions and that may satisfy you, no problem, but check out the variety of Delobel/Scherfelder, c'est increible

To watch a Swan Lake with fake emotions would be ludicrous. Not just my opinion.

guanglingsan

Spectator
It's the 'jumping-the-gun to soon that bothers me.

Too soon?? Actually some of the other young NA dance teams deserve this definition far more than D/W.
I guess you need to review part of their competitive history before such statement.

Last edited:

npa

Match Penalty
I thins we all could have our own opinion.
Joesitz - a gree with you/ Its dancing and emotions must be shown by every body move. Even if only we think so
Sorry Meryl and Charlie fans - we dont want said something bad about this skaters.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
I apologize for my opinion.
You don't really have to apologize for your opinion but I agree that if you look at Meryl and Charlie's competitive history and the fact that they have been a team for 12 years, you have to know that they have worked long and hard for their success and while their first two years as Seniors were notable, this season has been a breakout for them and those of us who love them as fans are just so happy to see them as contenders for the top. There's still more work to be done but I, for one, am thrilled with their progress and admire them for setting such high goals and working so hard to attain them.

I want them to stay in competition for a long time more...I would love to see them with multiple national titles as well as every success they could wish for.

npa

Match Penalty
Sorry, but its look like all must fall in love with D/W.
For example i think, that in nearest future Samoelson/Bates will be new National champions - they have a huge potensial/ And they both are really greate skaters. Sorry, that i like another team :)

~tapdancer

On the Ice
For example i think, that in nearest future Samoelson/Bates will be new National champions - they have a huge potensial/ And they both are really greate skaters. Sorry, that i like another team :)

You don't have to be sorry, everyone has their favorites! Sometimes you just see something in a skater or team that appeals to you and you like them the best. If it seems like "all must fall in love with D/W", it's just that they do have a lot of fans, we can't help it if we love them and love to talk about them!

npa

Match Penalty
You don't have to be sorry, everyone has their favorites! Sometimes you just see something in a skater or team that appeals to you and you like them the best. If it seems like "all must fall in love with D/W", it's just that they do have a lot of fans, we can't help it if we love them and love to talk about them!

:chorus:
I think not all fans post every minute, that all must love there favorites :laugh:
But its OK - some skaters have really uber-fans
I think a lot off people dont like there skating (espacially if most of there fans dreamin wedding with Charliy - why they need to watch skating at all) and love another teams - especially Del/Sh have a lot off fans. But they didnt want post about there favorites in every forum and tread - because they know - Del/Sh is best today, they dont need to prove anything to another fans

guanglingsan

Spectator

And to you, all must fall in love with V/M, or Samuelson/Bates in the future?

On the other hand, you just kept predicting and hoping Sam/Bates take US titles over D/W, but none of the D/W fans have ever "predicted" or posted hope here for Crone/Poriner to be the new Canadian National champions over V/M or whatsoever. Am I right, npa, or shall I call, pani?

Also, if Samuelson/Bates are not there to compete, then you can just change their names in your post to Chock/Zuerlein, or Hubbell/Hubbell, or Shibutani/Shibutani, or whoever that you think might take the so-called "lead" in the future. Good try. I bet all of them must be so happy to suddenly have supporters & fans like you to root for them becoming national champions in the nearest future.

Last edited:

npa

Match Penalty
And to you, all must fall in love with V/M, or Samuelson/Bates in the future?

On the other hand, none of the D/W fans have ever "predicted" or post hope here for Crone/Poriner will be the new Canadian National champions. Am I right, npa, or shall I call, pani?

Also, if Samuelson/Bates are not here, then you can change their names in your post to Chock/Zuerlein, or Hubbell/Hubbell, or whoever that you think might take the so-called "lead" in the future. Good try. All of them must be so happy to have more fans like you to root for them becoming national champions in the nearest future.

I post S/B names, because i really think they will have a greate future in ice dance - thats all :rock:
As for Chock/Zuerlein - they will win something maybe soon, if Shpilband will see D/W will have problems in future (i dont want this for Meryl and Charlie)
As for V/M C/P - maybe C/P will win Canadian Nationals even soonner, than S/B - USA Nationals. We dont know what happened with V/M - could they skate at there level or no.
In all cases - i post this not in D/W tread - right?

Last edited:

Bruin714

On the Ice
It's not just the facial poses, it is the entire body that shows emotion. The French team has the best at this time. imo. and V/M are very close by.

D/W are going through the motions and that may satisfy you, no problem, but check out the variety of Delobel/Scherfelder, c'est increible

To watch a Swan Lake with fake emotions would be ludicrous. Not just my opinion.

I guess my ignorance is bliss. :laugh:

~tapdancer

On the Ice
I think not all fans post every minute, that all must love there favorites :laugh:
I think a lot off people dont like there skating (espacially if most of there fans dreamin wedding with Charliy - why they need to watch skating at all) and love another teams - especially Del/Sh have a lot off fans. But they didnt want post about there favorites in every forum and tread - because they know - Del/Sh is best today, they dont need to prove anything to another fans

Well, I was trying to be kind but this post has me scratching my head...what the hell...are you saying most D/W fans like them because they are infatuated with Charlie??? Please. That's insulting. You are way off base here with this post. We D/W fans don't have anything to prove either.

victoria90

On the Ice

Ok... that's just not true at all. Seriously, say we fans of Davis & White can't see the diference between being a fan of their skating and wanting to marry Charlie is insulting, as tapdancer said. There are a lot of skaters that I consider cute and hot and joke about getting married with them, but that doesn't mean I'm a fan of them just because they are oh so beautiful. And we D&W fans don't have to prove anything at all, if you like them, great, if you don't, great too, that's why there are a lot of other teams for you to like, nobody is going to try to make you become a D&W fan anyway. We just like to talk about them because we love them, if you have a problem with us posting in every single thread about them (that I don't really think we post that much), then just ignore us ;).

lmarie086

Medalist

Hmm, then why are you always posting in a style that suggests everyone should/must (since you used the word) V/M? And now S/B?

Please don't suggest that D/W fans only like them because of Charlie. Fans like them for their skating-Charlie may be good looking (to some, not all I realize) but that's not the reason I'm a fan. I like their skating and their potential for the future- not everyone will and that's why I love ice dance because there are so many great teams to root for and pick a favorite from.

I don't have anything to prove, do you?