Articles about Worlds, the event, the skaters- All the news that's fit to print | Golden Skate

Articles about Worlds, the event, the skaters- All the news that's fit to print

I think they have an excellent chance. Their dances showed a lot of potential at Four Continents, especially the free dance. They obviously weren't up to full strength then, but an extra month might be enough for them to bring it all together.

skatingbc

Final Flight
I think they have an excellent chance. Their dances showed a lot of potential at Four Continents, especially the free dance. They obviously weren't up to full strength then, but an extra month might be enough for them to bring it all together.

ITA! I heard that they had only done four complete run-throughs before they competed at either Nationals or 4CC (I can't remember which). If that is true for either performance, then I can't wait to see a more finished and polished performance from them!

Plus I think they'll be strong in the CD and OD, which should help them a bit.

kittyjake5

On the Ice
Glad Tessa is recovered. Should be quite a show down at Worlds. I am looking forward to some great ice dancing from all of the top couples.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I don't think we ever questioned them being there, the question is if they will be near top form. I certainly agree that they could win this without any strech of the imagination, especilly with Delobel out, Ben Agosto recovering and Domina and Shabalin coming off bad injury.
I don't think they are "the one to beat" but they are a front runner for sure.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Articles about Worlds, the event, the skaters- All the news that's fit to print

There are so many articles out there about Worlds and the competitiors that we're combining them all in one place, here!

15 top US skaters head to LA

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090318&content_id=62620&vkey=ice_pressrelease

The 2009 ISU World Figure Skating Championships will take place next week in Los Angeles, where the world's best figure skaters will vie for four world titles: ladies, men's, pairs and ice dancing. Fifteen top U.S. skaters will be among them, including the reigning ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final champion Jeremy Abbott, as well as three-time world ice dancing medalists Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto.

Last edited by a moderator:

madibe

On the Ice
I can't believe Joannie Rochette was not mentioned as a medal contender in the Ladies Division. And no Virtue/Moir or Khoklova/Novitski mention in Ice Dance?

skatingbc

Final Flight
I don't think we ever questioned them being there, the question is if they will be near top form. I certainly agree that they could win this without any strech of the imagination, especilly with Delobel out, Ben Agosto recovering and Domina and Shabalin coming off bad injury.
I don't think they are "the one to beat" but they are a front runner for sure.

I agree. I really don't see them as "the ones to beat" here. They'll be good, probably still not a full-strength, but I'm really hoping to see a more polished Pink Floyd. I think they were, or Tessa anyway, thinking through the program too much at Nationals and 4CC. Maybe in LA, they'll be confident enough to really skate it.

Nice team, but imo, not yet ready for prime time. However, they can make a statement here, and I'm with Keanu for that.

skatingbc

Final Flight
It seems they did more than just tweak their programs! If it works for them, then that's great but I get nervous about big changes like that before such a major competition.

I really like this team's youthfulness and energy. All the best in LA!

gold12345

Medalist
Nice team, but imo, not yet ready for prime time. .

lol. You always say such nice stuff about them. :p

I think the short program change sounds like a good one. Keauna's had trouble with the throw in the short a few times, so I think it can only help to try it earlier in the program and see if that works out better.

I adore this team, I think they are as good as anyone, and I hope they can skate well in LA and enjoy the whole experience, no matter where they finish.

lol. You always say such nice stuff about them. :p
And I do it for all newbies (take Brezina, for example). McL/Bru are still high on my list but consider the opposition they face in LA: P&T, Z&Z, S&S, it's hard to think of a medal right now, but it would be nice. :)