Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 60 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

antmanb

Record Breaker
0 for his usual dose performance.... 100, compared to all others :biggrin:

P.S. you know, he has 53 gold medals, I do not know why you all are caught for this one? :p

I know he has had many gold and virtually every other programme he's done had more performance in it than the Olympic LP in 2006 but Seniorita asked what i meant by "phoning it in" and that was the example I gave to describe it. Plus I thought she'd find it funny (which i think she did!)

But if it will be Joubert or Lambiel I will be happy for them (but please, no more ballerinas without quad!). So good luck for them!

You can't possibly mean Lysacek here :eek: ballerina?? :rofl: :rofl:

well, we both agreed on Plushy at one time... now I'm not so sure about your feelings toward Plush! ;) :rofl:

I meant positively liking!! I think we share many dislikes in skating :laugh:

There have been so many other hilarious things to comment on in thread since yesterday - Seniorita i loved your refefrence to the red cheeks of Kulik and Urmanov as reminding you of Heidi!! I know EXACTLY what you mean and it reminded me of watching it as a child!

Eurovision is the best - and i can't click on the youtube link at work so i don't know what B posted but my personal favourite (not least for the awful 80s outfit) was Belgium's win with "J'aime La Vie" by Sandra Kim!!!

I was looking forward to Dorian Gray but by all accounts i've read some pretty terrible reviews of it so now i'm wondering whether to go to the cinema to watch it or wait for the DVD. I love the story though and love Will Self's adaptation of it.

Ant

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
ok but since June Plush has actually been having news and videos, trainings, his new programs, shouldnt we make this thread a bit On topic for everyone who might be interested to know what he 's been doing but keep the Voldemort and green/blue eye discussions as well?:)
On topic discussion is fine, it was just becoming sort of glum and unpleasant, which I can read elsewhere. The Plushy thread should be fun regardless of the topic of discussion :).
Eurovision is the best - and i can't click on the youtube link at work so i don't know what B posted but my personal favourite (not least for the awful 80s outfit) was Belgium's win with "J'aime La Vie" by Sandra Kim!!!
It's Germany's entry from 1979, Dschinghis Khan. No song better represents the spirit of Eurovision IMO... it's so campy, it's in a camp category of its own - and that's saying something with Eurovision songs! My actual favorite song from Eurovision is Anne-Marie David's 1973 winner, Tu te reconnaîtras.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Plus I thought she'd find it funny (which i think she did!)
I m not laughing :unsure:
I kid, I cracked up mostly because it was the worst timing ever to bring this back:laugh:

B posted Dschinghis Khan, which is hilarious! I have many loving ones from eurovision, should we start a list?:biggrin:
I went to see Easy Virtue yesterday which was not good, but Colin is God as always:love:
Ok kindergarten is over:p

Plushy Photos from Cup Of russia, lots of them

http://evgeni-plushenko.com/img/foto/big/2217.jpg
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/img/foto/big/2200.jpg
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/img/foto/big/2196.jpg
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/img/foto/big/2189.jpg

but this http://evgeni-plushenko.com/img/foto/big/2212.jpg (plushy on ice again:love:)

antmanb

Record Breaker
It's Germany's entry from 1979, Dschinghis Khan. No song better represents the spirit of Eurovision IMO... it's so campy, it's in a camp category of its own - and that's saying something with Eurovision songs! My actual favorite song from Eurovision is Anne-Marie David's 1973 winner, Tu te reconnaîtras.

I will have to look all of those up when i get home! I love Eurovision, but if we're mentioning campy surely Dana International deserves a mention especially in the Gaultier outfit she wore when she sang the winning song at the end of the show!!

Actually now i think about it the list of non-camp at Eurovision is easier to compile!

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
no, no, no! you can't go and reword the rules now ;) :laugh:

:rofl: It's just you keep accusing me of liking Plushenko and in order to spare seniorita's feeling i don't want to unleash a tirade of Plush-abuse to prove i'm not!

Maybe now i understand how red dog felt when people accused him of liking Sasha :rofl: :rofl:

Ant

Noondarkly

Rinkside
I apologize, I really thought this thread was about Zhenya. *confused*

You want OT? How about Mika's music? I'm in love with that guy's HAIR... lol.

Seniorita thank you for the Plush photos... I (may be the only one but) will openly and shamelessly drool over Zhenya's beauty... he still takes my breath away as a man that he has become from the ugly duckling that he used to be.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I apologize, I really thought this thread was about Zhenya. *confused*
This is a Plushy thread, but it's a fun Plushy thread. Also, you were posting about Joubert. If you want to discuss Brian Joubert, I'm afraid you're in the wrong place, Joubert and Lysacek posts go in the Patrick Chan quad thread. Unless it's about arm-flapping, and then you can bring up Lysacek here :p.

But hey, you're new-ish. You'll figure it out in no time! :) ;)

seniorita

Record Breaker
Now, my neighbor is actually very "Plushesque", same nose, same haircut and color, and we know these are Plush's most important features.

:laugh:where do you live?:biggrin:

I met a boy two years ago in a cafe below Acropolis' rock who had a striking resemblance with Plush as I knew him from tv, size, nose, hair and eyes, he was like an allien considering rest greek men there..My friend and I were pretty sure it was his twin brother..But then I saw Plushy live and he was also different from how he looks on Tv so I changed my mind about both of them:laugh:
I have a friend in Leuven who looks like Stephan:love:, same eyes and smile, he is from Algeria.
i don't want to unleash a tirade of Plush-abuse to prove i'm not!

:unsure:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seniorita, I bet when it all comes down to it, Ant looks like Plush. :clap: :clap: He just doesn't want to say so on the board. He's sooooooooooo shy.

jennylovskt

Medalist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3bwFPwbb1M joub

Joub first impression, i like it, I like the music, his spins had gone better and he has great speed, mostly i liked the slow part in the middle and his use of hands , the very beginning reminds me of yag + plush together, his pose before the slow part with the raised arm is exactly like Plush's in Tango at the slow section as well(at least the old tango i ve seen) :laugh:, which made me smile, I forsee hip, quad and arm battle:p

I really wish that this could be in Joubert thread, so people could express more without fearing of going too OT. I like his program. I think it could be very intense. The best thing is that it doesn't have his usual matrix movement.;)

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Seniorita, I bet when it all comes down to it, Ant looks like Plush. :clap: :clap: He just doesn't want to say so on the board. He's sooooooooooo shy.

I might have known Dee would re-surface to cause trouble in this thread :laugh:

Don't worry seniorita - you know i'm not a fan you don't need to keep re-stating it in ever post :rofl: ;)

I was going to a share a story about meeting smoeone who slightly resembled Plush but i think it would upset seniorita!

Ant

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
A couple of years ago, it took me a while to figure out who "Plushy" was. Then of course, I had to start work on "Shiz", "VDP", "Tats", "Babs", ..... and don't get me started on "Gizmo".

By the way, the Caroline thread still has more views than this one, but "Plushy" is whipping her butt in total posts. :biggrin: