Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 90 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

gracefulswan

On the Ice
i'm really sad to hear that he feels others are not appreciating him anymore :( well, i have to say, i feel the exact opposite!

plenty of fans appreciate his skating so much....and even more now that he's back and just as good, if not better than before!

he's truely the king.

i found this last statement very interesting, alluding to preparation for russian nationals: "Even if he trains one week I think he'll be fine because his condition right now is amazing," Zakarian said. "The condition he was in at the 2002 and 2006 Olympics, he was not even nearly close to the condition he's in right now."
(does this mean that he's in better condition then at those previous games? could it be?? wow!!!)

i'm excited now because he can still win a medal as his injury is not so critical. just rest and relax the knee.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I come back and read all this:cry:
Oh now I m upset! His manager doesnt say much clear..I m lost of what has really happened with his foot at the end of all the articles. And why he feels like he is not appreciated and has to ruin his knees to prove what? So many gifts he has got for his comeback in Russia, the cd from around the world, does Evgeni know how many people will travel to Canada to see him back?I know at least ten from Greece who are going (and i m not one of them, argg)and it is not like people there have a tradition for winter sports! His facebook fan page has almost 12000 members and only Jouby comes close! Not crucial reasons but anyway, I had to find a point!I was going to say that they are enough to circle the globe but my friend told me that 250 million people are needed for that so maths failed me and I ll pass.:laugh:At least there are plenty who dont care if he sits his butt down on spins. Does superman has to prove he is superman?
Oh i m too much of a drama queen and belgian beers make it worse:laugh:

Come on Plushy, just have fun with your comeback and enjoy your moment. :party2:The best are yet to come!:yes:

bestskate8

On the Ice
My prayers goes to Evgeni now! He is amaizing skater in figure skating history.:love:
Wish him fully recovery as soon as possible!:thumbsup:

jennylovskt

Medalist
Elvis Stojko landed the first quad. Alexei Yagudin landed the first quad in Olympics. Evgeni Plushenko wants to be the first one lands some crazy jumps like 4-4 or 3A-4. I don't know what to think. If he lands one at this Olympics, of course, it's a thrill. It's great. But what if he couldn't even go to the Olympics because of his injury for these?

I believe some day, maybe 20 or 30 years from now, someone will land the first quintuple jump or many skaters will land 4-4 or 3A-4. But Plushenko has just come back from retirement. The regular training for competition is already hard. How can he add more strains to his body? Where is his wife, mother, coach, and agents?:scowl:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Elvis Stojko landed the first quad. Alexei Yagudin landed the first quad in Olympics. Evgeni Plushenko wants to be the first one lands some crazy jumps like 4-4 or 3A-4. I don't know what to think. If he lands one at this Olympics, of course, it's a thrill. It's great. But what if he couldn't even go to the Olympics because of his injury for these?

I believe some day, maybe 20 or 30 years from now, someone will land the first quintuple jump or many skaters will land 4-4 or 3A-4. But Plushenko has just come back from retirement. The regular training for competition is already hard. How can he add more strains to his body? Where is his wife, mother, coach, and agents?
Hey, let's give credit where it's due: Kurt Browning landed the first quad - in 1988. Petr Barna landed the first Olympic quad in 1992, at Albertville. I do agree with your take on Plushenko's situation, though ;).

jennylovskt

Medalist
Hey, let's give credit where it's due: Kurt Browning landed the first quad - in 1988. Petr Barna landed the first Olympic quad in 1992, at Albertville. I do agree with your take on Plushenko's situation, though ;).

Oh, sorry, my information is wrong then. In another thread someone talked about Stojko pushed quadruple jumps and deserved to be on the top 10 most famous skaters list. I was confused by it.

I remembered clearly before Alexei Yagudin's 2002 Olympics SP, Scott Hamilton said that it'd be the first quad ever in Olympics. Was he wrong?

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Oh, sorry, my information is wrong then. In another thread someone talked about Stojko pushed quadruple jumps and deserved to be on the top 10 most famous skaters list. I was confused by it.

I remembered clearly before Alexei Yagudin's 2002 Olympics SP, Scott Hamilton said that it'll be the first quad ever in Olympics. Was he wrong?
Maybe he meant the first in an Olympic SP, as it wasn't until after the 1998 Olympic season that skaters were allowed to try quad jumps in both phases of the competition. Here's a handy Wikipedia entry on the subject of quads.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Thanks, B, for the clearification!

OK, My bad. Stojko was the first man who lands 4-2 and 4-3.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I can't image that plushy will skate at his nationals... And skipping Euros would also be a good idea. This season keeping getting more and more interesting.

Nadine

Record Breaker
In honor of my #1 favorite skater I have added an avatar & signature bearing his likeness, celebrating his return to the ice & his participation in his 3rd Olympic Games.:cool:

Additionally, I quote the Reverend Al Sharpton in his memorial speech to Michael Jackson, but can also apply to the great Evgeni Plushenko as well:

Every time he got knocked down, He got back up.
Every time you counted him out, He came back in.
Michael never stopped, Michael Never Stopped, MICHAEL NEVER STOPPED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXg5tj3ECY0
***beginning 4 minutes into his great speech***

:agree::thumbsup::rock::bow:GOOOOOOO EVGENI!!!!:bow::clap::rock::agree:

seniorita

Record Breaker
weee I love this avatar of nadine!
I might get back the snow lepopard due to public request:biggrin:
Not yet, I ll wait until nationals. I hope Plushy can go to test his programs, his coach seemed not so woryying, but if he is in pain and he is risking the Olympics participation i would say to stay home. Until now I have not understood what happened with the knee, so I ll take Mishin words. Alrthough Russian Nationals, are not only in his town, St Petersbourg, but also on his ice rink. I think he will make everything to compete there.
About Euros I dont know, he needs to have at least one more international competition and compete against some guys before Olys, add some momentum. Then again plushknee is first priority. :)

B thanx for quad wikipedia link, very interesting stuff!
I noticed the last sentence
Fome here on out, the ability to land quadruple jumps has become common among World and Olympic level skaters, to the point that not having one in a program is considered a handicap.
glaugh.gif

schiele

Final Flight
B thanx for quad wikipedia link, very interesting stuff!
I noticed the last sentence

"Fome here on out, the ability to land quadruple jumps has become common among World and Olympic level skaters, to the point that not having one in a program is considered a handicap."
glaugh.gif

Hmmm, I wonder who wrote this entry? Maybe a shrewd Joubert himself? :rofl::rofl:

herios

Medalist
I believe some day, maybe 20 or 30 years from now, someone will land the first quintuple jump or many skaters will land 4-4 or 3A-4.

Quintuple jumps? That is not going to happen. Not on this earth anyway, gravitational force will prevent that.
Many skaters will land 4/4 ? yeah right, they will fill the hospitals in no time. How much beating you guys think human body can take?
Plushy plays with the fire. he had knee surgery before and it could give up on him. Do you remember Elvis Stojko in Nagano?
I would rather have him work on his footwork and spins, raise the level of those elements, than trying to outjump the field with crazy and dangerous combinations.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Quintuple jumps? That is not going to happen. Not on this earth anyway, gravitational force will prevent that.
Many skaters will land 4/4 ? yeah right, they will fill the hospitals in no time. How much beating you guys think human body can take?
Plushy plays with the fire. he had knee surgery before and it could give up on him. Do you remember Elvis Stojko in Nagano?
I would rather have him work on his footwork and spins, raise the level of those elements, than trying to outjump the field with crazy and dangerous combinations.

Although talking about the higher level jumps is useless and absurd at this time, I realized that that's what the most of the topics are on the web in forums. So I'll go for it and explain it more.:p

I am not the one who has invented this idea. In the heat of Lysacek and Weir's rivalry, Lysacek promoted and suggested the extreme skating and said in an interview that he wanted to be the first one who landed the quintuple jumps. Now I assume that he must have wished that everybody could forget about what he has said.

Yes, there is a limit to what human can do against nature. But no one knows where is the limit. To make it clear, I am not looking forward to seeing it.

Obviously, Plushenko has the abilities to make an artistic program with high level jumps. Anyone remember an NBC interview with Scott Hamilton before men's skating back at 2002 Olympics? Scott called Plushenko an artistic skater.:) But somehow, Plushenko viewed that wasn't challenging enough to him. He wants to persue more challenge.

I have the same wish like yours and many others. I wish him to skate a more beautiful, artistic program with high jumps.

Last edited:

schiele

Final Flight
Plush was always an artistic skater until the injury period. So sad that ppl dont remember him like that but remember the man who was determined to win OGM at any cost, even if it meant stripping his programmes of almost anything but jumps.. Too quick to judge and too easy to forget..
I'm glad that I experienced Plush first hand during his rise in the ranks year after year and remember vividly what kind of skater he is. Because honestly, I find it hard not to admire him. Even if he decides to drop everything in his programme (again) and go for some crazy jumps (as long as he doesn't hurt/kill himself in the process), I'll be totally fine. He's won my admiration for good, no matter what he does from now on, I'll never look down on him as a skater.. Hope he soon realizes that there are ppl feeling like that about him.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Nijinski first choreography was also a very beautiful program, but that season he got so many injuries that they cut lot of the program, still I like to watch the early version of it.

One of my fav ever plush programs was the one he ditched in 2002 for carmen, story of an artist. Although carmen is a fav also, this one i really liked and it was different plush, great details and brushes to the music. OF course judges and audience said they didnt understand it, but at the time I liked it much more than the 'obvious' artistry of the man in the iron mask. I wish I had seen more of it, as it was skated only two times.
I like Plushy diversity in exhibitions more-and no i dont mean the babysexbomb-but his post 2006 ones like candle light and prisoner, boccelli ones and from the oldies hafanana and assisai make my day:love:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Ilia Kulik was the first male skater who landed the quad at the Olympics plus won the gold medal.

I actually don't think he was - didn't Guo compete in Nagano and land a quad in the penultimate warm up group before Kulik skated?

In fact wasn't there another Chinese before him who might have landed on in the Olympics?

EDIT: I might have misinterpreted what you wrote. Kulik was the first Oly Gold medalist who landed a quad in his programme, but in terms of ratified Olympic quads there were earlier ones.

Ant

Last edited: