2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 67 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

ranjake

Final Flight
I hope Max and Gracie get to go on a celebratory date for their great World debuts! :biggrin:

Are they dating ? (have heard this rumor). What a Great WC! Had to watch like a felon stealing things- but enjoyed it so much! (threespotsthreespotsthreespots!!!) Thank you GOLDEN SKATE- you were amazing!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
That's just funny how for all the talk of the Russian super infants or whatever they're called, the Russian women are the ones who lose one spot, and the US, with its women's program in the doldrums for years, gets that third spot back. I normally hate to get all nationalistic, but right now I wish I was at Sarah Palin's house, so I could give Russia the bird.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Yeah, Caro's nosebleed was just very unfortunate timing. It must have happened RIGHT before she got on the ice because she was trying to stem the flow quite urgently before she started...took her sweet time getting to her starting pose in order to give herself a chance but it didn't really help. If she'd had more time I'm sure they would have figured out something like tissues or whatever but she had no time. But it wasn't like it was gushing down her face; it must have just been dripping off while she was doing skills. Hope the ice crew is wearing medical gloves when they resurface the ice tonight. :p

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
no, he will be remembered as the champion with the highest number of falls. That is something.

True. He will have a Schuba like legacy. Probably one that ushered in wholesale rule changes with a set of disgraceful wins. Although she is far more legit than him as atleast she excelled at one aspect of the sport that was the most important for over 100 years.

snsd

On the Ice
I wish when Carolina Kostner fell on the 3S she stayed lying down on the ice to end the program just like Torvill and Dean!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
She was bleeding before the program?

And the Camel?

You wouldn't believe it. She was holding her nose for a minute. Blood on kleenex. Blood on her hand. I was like, crap crap crap. This headcase is going to explode.
The Brits were like, oh mother, FML, that kind of things.
The audience did a small little clap. People were getting nervous. I think they think she's going to blow her brain out and ruin Osmond's chance.
Then, she did a pow wow with her coach. Then the Brits said tension can help stopping the nose bleed.
Then she skated around the ring with her hand pressed up her nose.
I was leaking!

Then she got into her opening pose. Looked calm down. I wish I was as calm. Then she landed the 3Lutz. Then I peed my pants. :)

kimganos

On the Ice
EXACTLY. I've been a fan ever since Riders of the Storm, but the way she held the audience in her hand was insane. If she had landed the salchow, the ovation would've been uproarious.

Thrilled for Li as well.

Astonishing that we actually had the podium people thought most plausible. Even more that it contains the same three skaters as 2008. And with so many newer skaters delivering some sensational skates..... love it.

Kostner is absolutely stunning on the ice! And Li was breathtaking! And of course Yuna showed everyone why she is still the champion with her consistency.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
That's just funny how for all the talk of the Russian super infants or whatever they're called, the Russian women are the ones who lose one spot, and the US, with its women's program in the doldrums for years, gets that third spot back. I normally hate to get all nationalistic, but right now I wish I was at Sarah Palin's house, so I could give Russia the bird.

hmm?US fs program is fine. they have contenders every year. Russia has no Yu-na Kim on their list - there will be no miracle

Orange Cat

On the Ice

:laugh:

This post. Your honesty. I love it.

I'm pretty thrilled by the results of this competition.

But in terms of being slightly nationalistic... Zijun makes me so, so proud to be (ethnically) Chinese! Her FS was beautiful!!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
And just like 2008 Kostner is 2nd when she should be 4th, with a Japanese lady in 4th who should be 2nd. ;)

This was a better performance from Kostner than what she did in 2008, though. I'm glad to see how much better she is getting her nerves together later in her career. But it still wasn't enough.

And just like that year, the Japanese lady had two downgrades in the LP. I might have Murakami above Asada, though.

This was the most underwhelming performance from Yuna I remember seeing. Great jumps but the program was meh. She deserves better choreography.

tulosai

Record Breaker
You wouldn't believe it. She was holding her nose for a minute. Blood on kleenex. Blood on her hand. I was like, crap crap crap. This headcase is going to explode.
The Brits were like, oh mother, FML, that kind of things.
The audience did a small little clap. People were getting nervous. I think they think she's going to blow her brain out and ruin Osmond's chance.
Then, she did a pow wow with her coach. Then the Brits said tension can help stopping the nose bleed.
Then she skated around the ring with her hand pressed up her nose.
I was leaking!

Then she got into her opening pose. Looked calm down. I wish I was as calm. Then she landed the 3Lutz. Then I peed my pants. :)

We don't always see eye to eye, FlattFan, but wanted to let you know this literally made me laugh out loud.