Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 56 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Tbh I don't want him to win if he falls, If that happens I can already smell the complains and the hate just like happened many times
with Chan and like happened sometimes with yuzu too, wich is very sad because at the end these skaters just went and gave everything, just my opinion

I am just sure he will just do the best that he will be able tomorrow to make this program perfect. :agree:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I am just sure he will just do the best that he will be able tomorrow to make this program perfect. :agree:

I have the same feeling. Most of the time I think of the worst when it comes to my favorite skaters, but this time I'm surprisingly confident about the FS.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Tbh I don't want him to win if he falls, If that happens I can already smell the complains and the hate just like happened many times with Chan and like happened sometimes with yuzu too, wich is very sad because at the end these skaters just went and gave everything, just my opinion
With Chan I think the problem also is mostly with with his attitude. Sometimes he speaks without thinking. I like PChan and I know that he is a good young man, but to some people he might be so full of himself.

Hanyu is different, he is always humble and he knows it when the judges are too generous on his PCS. I too think they over-score him in PCS sometimes, but only with his free skate, maybe some extra point for the difficulty or for the famous coach and strong federation? But his SP is always well-deserved because...it rocks! Even his performance yesterday has so much electric factor in it.

I don't like his current R&J but also think that he hasn't done justice for it. Maybe David Wilson's style is not for him and he needs a choreographer that understand him more. Or maybe he is still struggling for his way to truly make it his own. Nevertheless, we will know by tomorrow.

No matter which medal he will have, I don't care. Just for one, a good FS for the fans.:p

Personally I just hope he finish clean and let that program go for good, along with that costume. I am praying that Weir won't design anything else for him, thanks to Wier's current fiasco with his husband. Sorry, I know this is unfair to Weir but I do hope his head is so full of the divorce right now to pay attention to designing. :bang:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Hanyu is different, he is always humble and he knows it when the judges are too generous on his PCS. I too think they over-score him in PCS sometimes, but only with his free skate, maybe some extra point for the difficulty or for the famous coach and strong federation? But his SP is always well-deserved because...it rocks! Even his performance yesterday has so much electric factor in it.

I agree 100%. But most of the people who aren't fans of Hanyu don't care whether he is humble or not and just post bad comments about overscoring and the new Chan...
I try to ignore them and hope that the kid stays away from this kind of reactions. Too much hate towards some talented people who put their hearts into the performances.
I also got mad sometimes when Chan won because of his PCS, but it's not his fault that the judges were subjective.

s9580

Rinkside
I agree 100%. But most of the people who aren't fans of Hanyu don't care whether he is humble or not and just post bad comments about overscoring and the new Chan...
I try to ignore them and hope that the kid stays away from this kind of reactions. Too much hate towards some talented people who put their hearts into the performances.
I also got mad sometimes when Chan won because of his PCS, but it's not his fault that the judges were subjective.

Haters gonna be haters no matter what. I find it quite interesting that Hanyu received less criticism than I thought, regarding to his 2 falls in Olypics FS - this was too good to be true for the haters and blockheads. Seems Hanyu's politeness and humbleness work well for the general public, comments on him are far less ironic comparing to those on PChan. I recognise Chan's talent as a skater but sad that his attitude really messed up the thing. Probably, in the eyes of public, while the judges got subjective, the favoured skater should never act like he deserved every single honour, people expected the skater at least showed some understanding to his own flaws.

Anyway I'm quite confident to Hanyu's mentality. Though his appearance is absolutely kind of typical cutie pie, he's actually having quite a strong mind as scuh a young age. He's particularly good at standing firm in a tough situation, a typical come back kid.

treeloving

Medalist
I'm not sure now if it Wilson's style doesn't match him or Yuzu has to try to maintain his stamina and transition in LP which make him unable to project that much in LP. Yuzuru has quite similar expression to Yuna who can skate Wilson's program very well. But I still want him to try different choreographer anyway as it might suit with his straight now better.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
^ Really "Young and Beautiful" :) Yuzuru fans must think alike or at least share many things in common.

Yeah, that's right:laugh: I saw that video some months ago and I liked it a lot and now when I saw the music suggestion it immediately came to mind. It would be great for the exhibitions:)

lbc2138

On the Ice
Machida and Javi might get boost at PCS as well, especially now that Machida is the nearest to gold, if he skated clean, judge panel would give Machida 90 PCS I suppose. Part of home inflation effect. The score should just be Hanyu 90, Javi 94, Machida 96. I don't have any faith that Yuzu would take gold at this rate, free skate is always his week point this season. Nevertheless, I don't mind if he could not get the gold, as long as he skate cleans, no fall whatsoever, that is more than just enough. Time to say farewell to Weir's design with a high note.

Haha you really don't like that costume. I think I would hate the costume if it was on someone else, but Yuzu has the type of body where almost anything looks good and graceful (sort of like super models?).

I was also thinking about PCS... Machi and Javi might get a boost, but I suspect that the PCS for Yuzu will remain pretty high. Even on a bad day, the judges give him 8.75-9 at the lowest. So if we're holding PCS constant with even a slight boost for Tatsuki and Javi, there's a slim chance that Yuzu may prevail considering how monstrous his technical elements can be. Especially the GOEs on his triple axel combos.

chea

Rinkside

Thanks for sharing Silvia!! It is amazing how it looks the as though the program was choreographed to this song, even the small nuances in the music seem to fit his movements :)

Hanyu always appears to take great joy in skating to the kind of music that seems to tell a story, where he can really portray the emotions of the lyrics or the rise and fall of the music. It will be exciting to see what music he will skate to this new season! But for now I am excited to see him skate tomorrow and hopefully take joy in skating and portray his R+J program as he wants :):) I know there is so much emotion for him in the R+J program and this is why he wanted to use the music again..it will be great satisfaction for him to share that well with everyone!

lbc2138

On the Ice
I have the same feeling. Most of the time I think of the worst when it comes to my favorite skaters, but this time I'm surprisingly confident about the FS.

Yes, lets have faith! ~Sending good vibes/chakras/cosmic forces toward Yuzu~

He landed that salchow during Finlandia, I have this strange sort of feeling that he will land the salchow this time around. This is similar to the strange feeling where I knew he was going to fall on his 4T even before he started the routine for the SP (sixth sense? or Captain Retrospect? haha). I know that his determination will a have him execute close to clean program, just like he did in the past previous Worlds for the free skate. Let's hope he ends this program on a high note!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Haha you really don't like that costume. I think I would hate the costume if it was on someone else, but Yuzu has the type of body where almost anything looks good and graceful (sort of like super models?).

I was also thinking about PCS... Machi and Javi might get a boost, but I suspect that the PCS for Yuzu will remain pretty high. Even on a bad day, the judges give him 8.75-9 at the lowest. So if we're holding PCS constant with even a slight boost for Tatsuki and Javi, there's a slim chance that Yuzu may prevail considering how monstrous his technical elements can be. Especially the GOEs on his triple axel combos.

There is no way Tatsuki and Javier would receive the same or higher PCS than Yuzuru in FS, it would have to be total disaster, but beside that he should have advance in PCS.

This is similar to the strange feeling where I knew he was going to fall on his 4T even before he started the routine for the SP (sixth sense? or Captain Retrospect? haha). I know that his determination will a have him execute close to clean program, just like he did in the past previous Worlds for the free skate. Let's hope he ends this program on a high note!

Lol, I have the same feeling :biggrin:

lbc2138

On the Ice
Definitely. PChan did not know how to work the media at all and he really needed a PR person in order to tell him not to say certain things about certain skaters.

Yuzu's persona is less about comparing himself to others but continually challenging himself. And he outright admits when he's unhappy with a program or he thinks he's been overscored, etc. so despite the two big falls and him fighting through the program, I think most people were happy to see him prevail over Patrick's 4 minor mistakes.

People that don't understand the new scoring system will continue to hate. So there's no way to really reason with them if they don't even look at the programs for each of the skaters and look at the base values of everything and how GOEs work.

roxella

On the Ice
Because a few days ago we were talking here about what music we would like Yuzu to skate on,I'm coming with another suggestion :) I think that this instrumental version it's so beautiful and please imagine him as being the great Gatsby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV3IZ57xr8k

I am glad that you liked my suggestion ;it would be so cool to actually see Yuzu skating on one of our suggestions...maybe we should send an e-mail to Wilson with all the good music we shared here...hahaha...:biggrin::laugh:

Changing the subject...I am already so nervous about tomorrow.I hope he'll skate as perfect as he can...the way Mao skated today. Fighting,champion!!!