Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramweld

Record Breaker
As Zhulin said of them earlier they are two tigers, leaders. It would be challenging for Lena to be completely submissive all the time. She really could have been a very successful singles skater. However, maybe something like this will help her to choose her battles more wisely. But regardless of what her issues were, this is one tough little woman to hold it together so admirably for both SD and FD at worlds, you have to at the very least give her that!! I wish her and Ruslan every success. Her second given name is actually Ruslanovna, so maybe they were spoken for each other :)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The funny thing in all this is that of the top 7 teams at Worlds, three are now gone: #3 P/B retired and #4 I/K and #7 S/Z have split. So who will be the seeds in the GP? #1 C/L, #2 W/P, #5 C/B, #6 S/S and.....?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The funny thing in all this is that of the top 7 teams at Worlds, three are now gone: #3 P/B retired and #4 I/K and #7 S/Z have split. So who will be the seeds in the GP? #1 C/L, #2 W/P, #5 C/B, #6 S/S and.....?

I believe Gilles and Portier(8th) and Coomes and Buckland (9th) would move up to seeded status

bramweld

Record Breaker
How many GP would each of them be entitled to this season? I completely forgot about that :)

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
As Zhulin said of them earlier they are two tigers, leaders. It would be challenging for Lena to be completely submissive all the time. She really could have been a very successful singles skater. However, maybe something like this will help her to choose her battles more wisely. But regardless of what her issues were, this is one tough little woman to hold it together so admirably for both SD and FD at worlds, you have to at the very least give her that!! I wish her and Ruslan every success. Her second given name is actually Ruslanovna, so maybe they were spoken for each other :)
Technically, that's her patronymic, so her father's name is Ruslan, but your point stands, it may be a good omen.

Alba

Record Breaker
As Zhulin said of them earlier they are two tigers, leaders. It would be challenging for Lena to be completely submissive all the time. She really could have been a very successful singles skater. However, maybe something like this will help her to choose her battles more wisely.

Agreed.

But regardless of what her issues were, this is one tough little woman to hold it together so admirably for both SD and FD at worlds, you have to at the very least give her that!! I wish her and Ruslan every success. Her second given name is actually Ruslanovna, so maybe they were spoken for each other :)

Absolutely. :thumbsup:

tulosai

Record Breaker
How many GP would each of them be entitled to this season? I completely forgot about that :)

I believe 2, but with all the splits and the RusFed politicking, even if I am wrong, I imagine they will both get 2.

Matt K

On the Ice
I can't imagine Sinitsina/Zhiganshin wanting to split. They had a really successful season this year and they were just starting. S/Z are the only couple with natural skating skills, like V/M did, as well as both having very similar skating skills to each other too, just like V/M did. They had such similar technique to each other, like V/M, and the judges actually rewarded them for it. Add to that Kustarova's denial about the split just last week and Ruslan Zhiganshin's sister as well, something seems off about this S/Z split. Even Ruslan Zhiganshin linked an article on his twitter a few days ago quoting his coach Alekseeva saying the split was a false rumour.

Funnily, I can still picture both couples Sinitsina/Katsalapov and Ilinykh/Zhiganshin matching well.

I still refuse to believe this split until it happens.

Macassar88

Medalist
I don't think they get a seed though since they weren't at Worlds? They'll get two spots no problem....

Oh right - I have blocked that dark spot out of my memory - they coulda been world champions - easily gotten another bronze.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
With regard to the training plans of the former partner of Ilinykh, Katsalapov desires to continue speaking with Victoria Sinitsina; it depends on how quickly the athletes will be able to settle all organizational problems.

I wonder abouth this actually. I have a feeling that RusFed haven't said it's last word to Katsalapov and Morozov yet.

Oh right - I have blocked that dark spot out of my memory - they coulda been world champions - easily gotten another bronze.

I wish they were there too. What a chance it was!

keasus

On the Ice
S/Z are the only couple with natural skating skills, like V/M did, as well as both having very similar skating skills to each other too, just like V/M did. They had such similar technique to each other, like V/M, and the judges actually rewarded them for it.

:rolleye:Jeez, what does your obsession with V/M and delusion that they were somehow "unappreciated" during their amateur career have to do with this thread? This is beyond tiresome.

Um, it is official.

rain

Record Breaker
Well, after all the non-denials when the rumour first broke it's not a huge surprise the split has turned out to be true. Only time will tell about these new partnerships. Things must have been pretty bad for a team who was widely expected to lead through the next quad to call it quits. This sure clears the field for the next few world championships — I expect we'll see some more close results and movement at the top.

Matt K

On the Ice
Um, it is official.

:confused: You changed my post. My original post was:

I can't imagine Sinitsina/Zhiganshin wanting to split. They had a really successful season this year and they were just starting. S/Z are the only couple with natural skating skills, like V/M did, as well as both having very similar skating skills to each other too, just like V/M did. They had such similar technique to each other, like V/M, and the judges actually rewarded them for it. Add to that Kustarova's denial about the split just last week and Ruslan Zhiganshin's sister as well, something seems off about this S/Z split. Even Ruslan Zhiganshin linked an article on his twitter a few days ago quoting his coach Alekseeva saying the split was a false rumour.

Funnily, I can still picture both couples Sinitsina/Katsalapov and Ilinykh/Zhiganshin matching well.

I assume your intention was to post this to me, which you replaced my post with:

:rolleye:Jeez, what does your obsession with V/M and delusion that they were somehow "unappreciated" during their amateur career have to do with this thread? This is beyond tiresome.

All I said was S/Z have very natural skating skills, like V/M, and not only that but both have a very soft knee'd and powerful stroke technique common to both partners. And it is a shame S/Z split, because I can't imagine either of them wanting the split, but you never know. Now would you like to contribute something to this thread. Most of 40+ pages here are full of yucky personal stuff about skaters and their coaches's sleeping arrangements anyway.

Also, given this "anonymous Russian sourced rumour" turned out to be true (if it is actually true), then I wonder if this is the same person who had inside information who went to L'Equipe about the judge-swapping deal between US and Russia in the Sochi dance event. I'd like to know more about that actually because I'm thinking there could definitely be something true about that, too.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
:confused: You changed my post. My original post was:

I assume your intention was to post this to me, which you replaced my post with:

All I said was S/Z have very natural skating skills, like V/M, and not only that but both have a very soft knee'd and powerful stroke technique common to both partners. And it is a shame S/Z split, because I can't imagine either of them wanting the split, but you never know. Now would you like to contribute something to this thread. Most of 40+ pages here are full of yucky personal stuff about skaters and their coaches's sleeping arrangements anyway.

Also, given this "anonymous Russian sourced rumour" turned out to be true (if it is actually true), then I wonder if this is the same person who had inside information who went to L'Equipe about the judge-swapping deal between US and Russia in the Sochi dance event. I'd like to know more about that actually because I'm thinking there could definitely be something true about that, too.

Yes, like the Canadian judge who gave Marlie at least two perfect 10.0s in the FS. I'm thinking there is definitely something true about that. Guess the Canadian judge was in on the "conspiracy" too. :rolleye:

keasus probably had trouble figuring out how the quote function works on here. I'm still having trouble with it--never did figure out how to multiquote from various people. But then I recognize my limitations as a tech idiot. LOL!

Matt K

On the Ice
Bobrova and Soloviev will be taking a spot as well

Oh yeah, I forgot about them!
I am hoping for the best for B/S now. :popcorn: They have deep edges (better than W/P, C/L, C/B) and great toe point, and actually hold their edges and lines during footwork better than anyone else today. Hoping they can win Worlds 2015. They skated their Man with a Harmonica program brilliantly in Sochi. Their Birds program was very difficult and it was skated almost with no rest in between any elements, note I say skated, not hopped. Even their Birds FD was miles more difficult than C/L's (and IMO, W/P and P/B) that even if they skated that program at Worlds I can't see them losing the World title. I can't wait to see what Zhulin does with them this quad :popcorn:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Oh yeah, I forgot about them!
I am hoping for the best for B/S now. :popcorn: They have deep edges (better than W/P, C/L, C/B) and great toe point, and actually hold their edges and lines during footwork better than anyone else today. Hoping they can win Worlds 2015. They skated their Man with a Harmonica program brilliantly in Sochi. Their Birds program was very difficult and it was skated almost with no rest in between any elements, note I say skated, not hopped. Even their Birds FD was miles more difficult than C/L's (and IMO, W/P and P/B) that even if they skated that program at Worlds I can't see them losing the World title. I can't wait to see what Zhulin does with them this quad :popcorn:

I see no lies :popcorn:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I just want to puke. I and K had so much potential. And while this is gratutious they looked pretty. This is really been a sad year for skating for me. Losing D and W, V and M, Chan not winning Gold, Hanyu not living up to potential, Yuna not winning gold, Abbott never having the great skate really, V and T not having the awe inspiring skate in the fre skate at Olympics, disappointing indeed. I am wondering what happened between I and K and Morosov and killing another promising team this sounds crazy. Still Chock and Bates and the Shibutanis and H and D in particular must be dancing the happy dance. REally this is so so sad. Can someone give the summary of what happened or is there a lot of conjecture?

Status
Not open for further replies.