Videos from Sochi | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Videos from Sochi

Meoima

Match Penalty
I was not questioning gotoschool. He already said that's not his/her report. I was speaking about fans, in general.
Fanatics are nasty, that for sure.
Ah yes. It's report from other words, not really reliable. But from my experience with sport events, it's nothing new.

Sometimes they are not fanatics, just nasty people. When I went there and talked to them, why did they say nasty words to athletes. They simply replied: "I don't like their faces!" And I was :unsure: I wish that there were some regulations so people like that could be throw out immediately.

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, the poster said that the laughing came after, not before, the fall. The poster also did not phrase it in such a way as to make it an excuse for the other errors in the performance. Furthermore, I didn't say it was true because I didn't hear it myself. The reason I thought it had some plausibility is because of the first incident in 2009.

Wait a minute, there was laughing as well? Are we talking about quite a lot of people, or maybe the poster was there and saw some.
It's completely different, and as I said, you have lunatics everywhere.

While I was watching Mao's Worlds LP in Los Angeles in 2009, I heard someone yell out something that sounded a little like "Fall." I looked in the comments section and saw that someone else had made a post about it and I also saw a couple of posts about it in forums. I wasn't looking for this either. I just heard it while I was watching. Whatever they yelled, it was right in her entrance to the second triple axel and you could obviously hear it over the very loud music of Waltz Masquerade and she fell immediately after it. I was surprised it was that loud.

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOGNh5gAvXU

I can't watch it now. I'm cutting some videos from Vancouver and my laptop is working so slow.
The video is freezed. I will watch it on tv since I have that video, but I believe you. It's a pity though. I never noticed that.

My two cents from the art thread are that if somebody says One skater blows everyone else away, they are making an objective statement about that person being better without making it clear that it is their opinion. Therefore, I feel I have the right to express my disagreement with it, especially if the competitive record indicates otherwise. Since his statement really didn't take into consideration the talent of other female skaters, I don't really understand why I shouldn't make a blunt statement back. As a matter of fact, my response was more considerate of other skater's than his was. If you feel I'm wrong, that's fine, but I don't. I just feel it's important in life to stand up when you think your are right.

Yes, but if you read the whole thread CGS was saying the same thing as you. That is quite subjective and personal.
That is why I felt I had to point that out, because he really was expressing his own opinion, and it was just an example.

I do want to thank you for the providing all the videos links.

You're welcome. :)

Alba

Record Breaker
Sometimes they are not fanatics, just nasty people. When I went there and talked to them, why did they say nasty words to athletes. They simply replied: "I don't like their faces!" And I was :unsure: I wish that there were some regulations so people like that could be throw out immediately.

OMG! :eek:

I had no idea about it.
I'm used to nasty comments, and even worse. I mean with football I've seen worse, but FS it's quite different.

Meoima

Match Penalty
OMG! :eek:
I had no idea about it.
I'm used to nasty comments, and even worse. I mean with football I've seen worse, but FS it's quite different.
With football, even the players can be very nasty. :laugh: but it's teamwork it couldn't be helped.
With FS I am not surprised. With Ping Pong and Fencing I have seem enough. :no: some people never try to adjust their manners. They think it's just the way to support their favorites which is soooo wrong. :eek:hwell:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I re-watched the posted long programs. In the beginning I thought Adelina must have done a bit more to deserve gold, but I was wrong. She must have come third. What a joke! Poor Julia, she was so sad, and Mao...

Barb

Record Breaker
About Mao and the nasty people in Sochi I am not sure about the laugh when she fell, but a thing is sure, Mao really did not feel comfortable. I mean, Mao NEVER complain, never, even when the ice is not good, the shedule, her health, etc. , so I was so surprised when at worlds 2014 in Japan she said she loved that japanese people always cheer for everyone, not just japanese athletes; I think she said this because Sochi, and not just because the sp, more because the LP, she gave everything, it was the performance of the night and people gave a partial standing ovation, polite applause, it looked ridiculous.

And thank you for all the videos :agree:

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
Glad to finally see videos from Sochi. NBC has such a stranglehold on the rights, and some pretty fierce legal remedies which they can enforce.

Alba

Record Breaker
I have uploaded some of Ice Dance programs from Vancouver 2010 as well:
http://www.dailymotion.com/user/milo_immigrato/1

Original Dance:
1. V&M
2. D&W
3. Faiella&Scali
4. C&L
5. P&B
6. Samuelson&Bates
7. Delobel&Shoenfelder
8. B&S

Free Dance:
1. V&M
2. D&W
3. Faiella&Scali
4. P&B
5. Samuelson&Bates
6. Delobel&Shoenfelder
7. Domnina&Shabalin
8. Zaretsky&Zaretsky

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Has someone uploaded all of the men's competitons? (Like indivdual and team) I want see mainly Kevin Reynolds.

Alba

Record Breaker
Has someone uploaded all of the men's competitons? (Like indivdual and team) I want see mainly Kevin Reynolds.

No, but I'm going to do that. It's just that I'm cutting videos and uploading them with a 100 years old computer. :rolleye:
Also, vimeo with their limited amount of videos I can upload per week, and daily cancelling them, makes the job harder.

Procrastinator

On the Ice
About Mao and the nasty people in Sochi I am not sure about the laugh when she fell, but a thing is sure, Mao really did not feel comfortable. I mean, Mao NEVER complain, never, even when the ice is not good, the shedule, her health, etc. , so I was so surprised when at worlds 2014 in Japan she said she loved that japanese people always cheer for everyone, not just japanese athletes; I think she said this because Sochi, and not just because the sp, more because the LP, she gave everything, it was the performance of the night and people gave a partial standing ovation, polite applause, it looked ridiculous.

And thank you for all the videos :agree:

I think it's more that Olympic crowds are unusually partisan because the locals only root for the people from their country and don't know much about the sport, the people who are in the sponsored seats care even less and don't even show up sometimes.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it's more that Olympic crowds are unusually partisan because the locals only root for the people from their country and don't know much about the sport, the people who are in the sponsored seats care even less and don't even show up sometimes.

I have to disagree with that to a certain extent. In Vancouver the crowd cheered for most everyone as did the SLC crowd in 2002. In Sochi you had some of the greatest skaters ever to take the ice competing in their final Olympic Games and perhaps last competition ever and all they could barely get was a partial ovation.

starlight97

Final Flight
I have to disagree with that to a certain extent. In Vancouver the crowd cheered for most everyone as did the SLC crowd in 2002. In Sochi you had some of the greatest skaters ever to take the ice competing in their final Olympic Games and perhaps last competition ever and all they could barely get was a partial ovation.

Sadly true.

Alba

Record Breaker

Well, Domnina and Shabalin were injured and it was their last time in Vancouver and had a partial applause, not ovation, and the canadians shouting CANADA, CANADA, while they were waiting for the scores. Not a big deal.