Thread: Disneys "Go Figure"

SkateFan4Life

Disneys "Go Figure"

Oh, brother! I wasted a couple of hours and tried to watch the movie "Go Figure"
    on the Disney Channel. Frankly, I had to switch to CNN or other stations, just to retain my sanity. What a dorky movie. The Russian figure skating coach would have made a good comedian, IMHO. Her references to the cutsey-cutsey teenager Kristi Yamaguchi wannabee - "Sputnik" - had me in stiches. And the young actress who portrayed the figure skater - yeech. Please tell me that the average teenager has at least a tad more intelligence and maturity than the character portrayed by this gal. It was a hoot, actually.

Custom Title
    I have yet to watch this movie. It looks dreadful. I have a feeling someday I'll give in and watch it.

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyora
    I have yet to watch this movie. It looks dreadful. I have a feeling someday I'll give in and watch it.
    With all due respect to Walt Disney, IMHO you really do have to be a skating fanatic to sit through this movie.

SkateFan4Life
    You know, the actress/skater who portrayed the would-be champion in "Go Figure" bears a close physical resemblance to Sasha Cohen. Of course, Cohen doesn't have the dimwit personality that was portrayed by the actress in this film - at least, I certainly hope not!

Ice Angel
    I think the girl looks more like Madonna. Go Figure and the other Disney Movie Ice Princess are both low budget movies, and the directors don't know anything about figure skating. Most actiresses and actors they chose don't have much acting experience and talent. Hope there is a great director who can produce a better skating motion picture.

Is this the movie about a skater leaving home and plays hocky so no one knows she a figure skater?

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslily
    I think the girl looks more like Madonna. Go Figure and the other Disney Movie Ice Princess are both low budget movies, and the directors don't know anything about figure skating. Most actiresses and actors they chose don't have much acting experience and talent. Hope there is a great director who can produce a better skating motion picture.

I still think she looks like Sasha Cohen - a cutsey, insipid version of Sasha, granted, but the physical resemblance is there, I believe.

Sasha or Madonna? Here's 14-year-old actress Jordan Hinson:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/18366...nson,%20Jordan

Ice Angel
    She does not have Sasha's look at all. Doesn't she also have a gap between her two front teeth just like Madonna?
    Basically these two skating movies are just so lousy. People who has not watch them please don't waste your time.

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslily
    She does not have Sasha's look at all. Doesn't she also have a gap between her two front teeth just like Madonna?
    Basically these two skating movies are just so lousy. People who has not watch them please don't waste your time.
    I agree with you in your assessment that these movies are far from memorable. However, I disagree with you about the actress' resemblance to Sasha. IMHO, she does resemble Sasha.

Banned
    It's true that I have heard nothing but the best things about this movie. It's up there among with Casablance, the Sound of Music, and Braveheart as one of the greatest achievements in film history.

Now it can replace 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' as the worst film ever made. Now I am going to watch it.

Just Kidding.

Hey, Rainbow! Welcome to Golden Skate. Keep on postin'.

Mathman

Custom Title

A scream

Personally, I thought it was a scream. Remember, it's aimed at 8 year olds, OK? So wouldn't you rather have them watching Go Figure than The Terminator?

The funniest line, IMO, was where they said something like (I paraphrase), "You can have looks and talent and all your jumps, but to succeed in figure skating, you have to have [drum roll] A Russian".

Linny

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny
    Personally, I thought it was a scream. Remember, it's aimed at 8 year olds, OK? So wouldn't you rather have them watching Go Figure than The Terminator?

The funniest line, IMO, was where they said something like (I paraphrase), "You can have looks and talent and all your jumps, but to succeed in figure skating, you have to have [drum roll] A Russian".

Linny
    As I wrote, I thought "Go Figure" was a hoot. I wonder what the average 8-year-old would think about this movie?