Quote of the Day - August | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Quote of the Day - August

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 21st

From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.
-- Groucho Marx

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 22nd

PLANTAGENT, Richard Remember before God, Richard III, King of England, and those who fell at Bosworth Field, 22nd August 1485, having kept faith. Loyaulte me Lie.

The Richard III Society
(Obituary placed yearly in the following UK newspapers by the Richard III Society: the Daily Telegraph, Times, Guardian and Independent. Similar obituaries are placed yearly this day in American newspapers by the American branch of the Richard III Society, noteably the New York Times.)

More information on Bosworth Field here.
(I've been to the site and it is impressive.)

More information on the Richard III Society here.

4dk - It is amazing that after 520 years, the debate of Richard III 's character is still being debated. I don't think we've come very far in our evolution when we compare the current political campaigns to those of the Tudors.

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 23rd

It is characteristic of all deep human problems that they are not to be approached without some humor and some bewilderment.
-- Freeman John Dyson

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 24th

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg?

Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.
~ Abraham Lincoln

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 25th

Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams. You are the center of your universe, and you can make anything happen.
-- Ashley Smith

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 26th

Talk of imminent threat to our national security through the application of external force is pure nonsense. Indeed it is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear.
-- Douglas MacArthur

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 27th

My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.
-- Dave Barry

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 28th

Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps; for he is the only animal that is struck with the difference between what things are, and what they ought to be.
-- William Hazlitt

4dk

~Rainbow~

Match Penalty
How about this one?

"One morning your going to wake up dead?"- that was by my sister so don't steal it.

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 29th

Sinclair Lewis wrote It Can’t Happen Here to show clearly that, in truth, it can happen here—there is no cosmic law forbidding the triumph of extremism in America.
- - -Thomas McIntyre

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 30th

The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- - - Abraham Lincoln

4dk