Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Johnny Weir Interview

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    True enough, the reporters and fans won't have a quad in Torino.

But Plushenko, Joubert, Lambiel, Li, Sandhu and Lindemann will.

LOL!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggygirl
    Yet another thing that will make this next season so exciting!! While I think it is possible for quadless men, especially those like Buttle and Weir (and even Lysacek) to have Oly podium potential, I think a quadless strategy relies on other's mistakes. I was thrilled to see both Buttle and Lysacek on the World podium this past season, but I don't think either (or the others) can count on a quadless strategy to put them on the podium next year. A quadless strategy seems by default to rely on the mistakes or withdrawls of others. I really hope the men's event does NOT turn out that way. So I hope ALL of them come on next season with quads!!!! The thought of Buttle and/or Weir and/or Lysecek with a quad or two, in the mix with the already "quaded" and lots of clean skates just makes me drool.

Can't wait!!

DG
    I totally agree with this...to win on your own without 'help' the guys need quads...but i do just absolutley love the 'only' triple jumpers with beautiful choreography...and for the sake of MY enjoyment, wouldn't mind if the were quadless but exquisite (at least once a season).

OT: DG, i'm a dog lover too!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5
    "The Swan" by Saint-Saens (from his "Carnival of the Animals") was Oksana Baiul's exhibition program in 1994. I'm not sure how many other current skaters have used it, but it was/is a ballet classic performed by Pavlova and interpreted on the ice by the likes of Sonja Henie and Charlotte Oelschlager. If you are not familiar with the music, it is similar in mood to the other piece that Johnny mentions considering for his SP: Massenet's "Meditation from Thais".

I understand that the mother is a real b!tch. Seriously, Johnny's "son" is not a human but a dog.

haha! wierd name to call your own dog. "My son". wonder why i never caught on cause one can't envision johnny having a son right now...or anytime for that matter. well, i guess it's technically feasible, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by emma
    I totally agree with this...to win on your own without 'help' the guys need quads...but i do just absolutley love the 'only' triple jumpers with beautiful choreography...and for the sake of MY enjoyment, wouldn't mind if the were quadless but exquisite (at least once a season).
    Nicely put, Emma -

It is always nice to see beautiful skating from a lady or a gentleman, but there was always the dispute between the difficulty of the technical versus the elegant grace of figure skating.

The Technical lovers have won with the CoP. The bigger the tricks the more points and subliminely, it affects the PCS scores. So be it for now, but someday they will get around to Mathman's suggestion of having two sets of judges - one for the tech and one for the performance. It makes sense.

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gracefulswan
    haha! wierd name to call your own dog.
    And not less weird to address the coach "Krasavitza" ("Beauty").

totally agree with this...to win on your own without 'help' the guys need quads...but i do just absolutley love the 'only' triple jumpers with beautiful choreography...and for the sake of MY enjoyment, wouldn't mind if the were quadless but exquisite (at least once a season).
    Me too.
    Though it seems to me it's the 3A that causes most falls. I don't have enough statictics at hand but it looks like that those few guys who have quads are rather consistent with them (except for the latest Worlds but it's a different story LOL).
    But overall, I would definitely prefer a quadless but a clean and beautifully choreographed program.

In love with the axel!
    Quote Originally Posted by gracefulswan
    haha! wierd name to call your own dog. "My son". wonder why i never caught on cause one can't envision johnny having a son right now...or anytime for that matter. well, i guess it's technically feasible, LOL.
    I've heard lots of pet people call their pets "kids" or "son" or names like that.

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964
    I've heard lots of pet people call their pets "kids" or "son" or names like that.
    Count me in that group!! My dogs ARE my kids.

DG

Another point about the quad. Now that the ISU has clarified the point that a quad counts as a different jump from the corresponding triple, if you can do a quad then you can do extra triples later in the program without a Zayak violation.

For instance, if I am reading the rules correctly, you can do a quad toe - triple toe combo [/i]and[/i] a solo triple toe, whereas if you only do a triple toe - triple toe then you can't do another triple toe.

Mathman

Custom Title
    That has always been the case. Jumps that can't be repeated (that is, can only be performed twice, one of them being in combination) are the jumps of the same type, with the same amount of revolutions. This only applies to triples or quads, there's no limit for doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu
    I usually love his short program costumes, but struggle with the ones he chooses for the long program.
    Agreed ... and I think he might have to branch out from the unitards at some point. I actually really liked his 2004 short program costume, though I liked last year's too.

Custom Title
    http://p203.ezboard.com/fjohnnyweirm...icID=589.topic

New pictures at this link. Should stay up for a few days at least.

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar
    OT: DG, i'm a dog lover too!
    How in the world did I miss THIS the first time around in this thread???? Maybe it's time to start a Doggy Lover thred in the Cafe so we can all update each other with new dog pics, or even re-hash some old dog pics (for those of us who never tire of looking at dog pics!)

DG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3