Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Johnny Weir Interview

Tripping on the Podium icedancer2's Avatar
    Thank you for posting this link -- I am really liking this guy more and more!

Go Johnny!

Rinkside
    So he was probably just talking about the programs he used there then... OK, so we still don't know what his new programs will be! :frown2:

On my best behavior
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    So he was probably just talking about the programs he used there then... OK, so we still don't know what his new programs will be! :frown2:
    Donna - Johnny didn't skate at Liberty - he was there as a coach - so I think the author was just generally mentioning what his programs were planned to be. He is definitely using The Swan for his short program - it's his free skate music that is a mystery at the moment.

Custom Title
    I'm glad he's ditching "Liebestraum" for something edgier. He's used dreamy, romantic music for his last two FSs and a change is definitely a good thing. He needs to make a STRONG impression if he's going to medal at Torino.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    He needs to make a STRONG impression if he's going to medal at Torino.
    Yes, and no matter how scary he thinks it is, he'll need a quad too! I hope he can land one in competition soon.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    Yes, and no matter how scary he thinks it is, he'll need a quad too! I hope he can land one in competition soon.
    Hi Johnny! I hope you're having a good time in Simsbury and good luck for the next season. Have you ever felt annoyed or irritated when people have asked you when you're going to put in a quad in you're program?

All the time. It's as if people don't realize how physically tough it is, and on top of that how mentally tough it is. Doing a quad in practice is one thing, but doing it in front of hundreds of glaring eyes is quite different. It's scary and I'm sure if there was a role reversal people wouldn't deal with it very well. Especially reporters and many skating fans.

/Sissi

True enough, the reporters and fans won't have a quad in Torino.

But Plushenko, Joubert, Lambiel, Li, Sandhu and Lindemann will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman

Very well said MM, and others will most likely too, seeing as an Olympic year seems like a time where everybody will step up and give everything they have. I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Buttle came up with one.

Skating Freak Barbie

As will Griazev (if he makes it there), Klimkin (ditto), Dambier (ditto), and other lesser-knowns, as well as a not-so-lesser-known Goebel (most likely).

Johnny with a quad....Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by CDMM1991
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Buttle came up with one.
    I really want to see what Buttle's strategy will be this year. In the past, the times that he has attempted a quad it took so much out of him that the rest of the program suffered. At Worlds he decided to leave out the quad and go with a "whole package" type of skate, with emphasis on choreography and presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey
    Johnny with a quad....Priceless!

I really want to see what Buttle's strategy will be this year. In the past, the times that he has attempted a quad it took so much out of him that the rest of the program suffered. At Worlds he decided to leave out the quad and go with a "whole package" type of skate, with emphasis on choreography and presentation.

Yet another thing that will make this next season so exciting!! While I think it is possible for quadless men, especially those like Buttle and Weir (and even Lysacek) to have Oly podium potential, I think a quadless strategy relies on other's mistakes. I was thrilled to see both Buttle and Lysacek on the World podium this past season, but I don't think either (or the others) can count on a quadless strategy to put them on the podium next year. A quadless strategy seems by default to rely on the mistakes or withdrawls of others. I really hope the men's event does NOT turn out that way. So I hope ALL of them come on next season with quads!!!! The thought of Buttle and/or Weir and/or Lysecek with a quad or two, in the mix with the already "quaded" and lots of clean skates just makes me drool.

Can't wait!!

DG

Why is it when I click on Rising Star I get only an advert?

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Why is it when I click on Rising Star I get only an advert?

Joe

It's been wierd all day. Use the message board link also there in the first post of this thread.

Mary

Sam thing happens. All I can do is read what others are saying and nothing official by Johnny,

Joe

Custom Title
    Did you scroll down far enough in the Q &A Thread in the temporary forum? After about ten posts the interview is copied. Everything went into the temp forum after the board was hacked

I love the way he answers one of my questions. That I worry more about his costumes than he does! Well somebody ought to worry! I usually love his short program costumes, but struggle with the ones he chooses for the long program.
    Last edited by mmscfdcsu; 08-02-2005 at 08:29 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast