Plane crash at Pearson | Golden Skate

Plane crash at Pearson

I've seen this story on the news this afternoon. It is amazing, and wonderful, that it seems the reports that no one was killed are true!
From what I heard, it was a routine landing but the plane just didn't stop at the end of the run way. It looked horrible on the news, big flames and explosions of fire balls coming from the plane. I thought for sure I was going to hear of an awful loss of life. Angels were watching over that flight, I think!

bronxgirl

Medalist
let's hear it for the flight crew of that flight, and the pilot was the last off the plane :rock:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
You beat me to the punch! I was going to post this as "Miracle on Flight 358." It's great to have some good news for a change. Frightful indeed for those involved, but a happy outcome.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The crew of Air France deserves an award ceremony. The lesson learned from this escape should be made into a documentary film showing how passengers when keeping panic down survive.

Joe

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess this was a shocker for me because in the last 2 years I was there while on my way to Skate Canada or at least had flown in to Pearson. I am not afraid to fly and if I had the chance to go to Skate Canada this year, I would still do it.

I am very happy that everything as it seems right now to be OK.

Dee

CDMM1991

Medalist
It was so miraculous it even made it on to Live with Regis and Kelly in the US! And it takes quite a lot for US shows like that to feature Canadian news!