Dorothy Hamill.com (where's the website?) | Golden Skate

Dorothy Hamill.com (where's the website?)

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think the site is down, either temporarily or permanently.

Usually the website has an "index.htm" or index.html" tag on the end that indicates the main page. It said the latter wasn't found, and the former took me to the same page.

An Internet Archive search on the website has not turned up anything recently, so my guess is it is one of those "permanently under construction" websites...:indiff:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
they mentioned this site in the article she had in IFS... but for as long as i've been online her website has never been more than that first page...

S

SkateFan4Life

Tonichelle said:
they mentioned this site in the article she had in IFS... but for as long as i've been online her website has never been more than that first page...

For a while (a few years ago) the webite had several pages, including Dorothy's biography, competitive record, journal, schedule, upcoming performances, etc. I recall reading one of her journal entries in which she joked that she was just learning how to use a computer keyboard. Perhaps that helps to explain the disappearance of her website.

evie4me

Rinkside
Dorothy's Website

I don't think she has anyone to work the website - I think a former friend maintained it - so whatever happened to the relationship, the website is no longer functioning

S

SkateFan4Life

evie4me said:
I don't think she has anyone to work the website - I think a former friend maintained it - so whatever happened to the relationship, the website is no longer functioning

You know, I think you're right about that. One of Dorothy's friends did maintain her website. Well, even if their friendship went south, why doesn't she hire a professional webmaster to build & maintain the website? I'm sure there has to be at least one skating fan/webmaster who would love to take on this assignment! And there are many fans who would be interested, IMHO.