Re: the Beauty on Ice stories | Golden Skate

Re: the Beauty on Ice stories

S

silverwings20

I am new to this forum, but just wanted to add my praise to the comments on Emmy's "Beauty on Ice" stories. I haven't read the sequel yet, but I was glued to the first one and I couldn't stop til I'd read it all! I think it is great the way you put the real skaters' characters into the fictional setting; I could definitely see Elvis as the strong woodcutter. But as the story went on, your characters took on a life of their own and I almost stopped seeing Michelle Kwan and Elvis Stojko and just saw the young girl and her inspiring tutor.

It is brilliant stuff Emmy, and I hope you keep it up and carry on enjoying it! You have a real talent for sure.

M

mathman444

Hi, Silverwings. Yeah, aren't Emmy's stories great? Wait till you read the sequel, it's even better. Let's see if we can coax Emmy into doing another one.

Mathman

PS. Do you write? I'm looking forward to more posts from you.

S

silverwings20

Hi Mathman,

Yes, I used to write sometimes, but I haven't for a year or so. I might try writing a skating fanfic sometime, sounds like fun! What about you?

M

mathman444

Who me? Nah, but my friend Dr. Watson contributed Dark and Stormy Night to this folder. He agrees, it's great fun.

Mathman

E

Emmy

Wow! Thanks silverwings20 for the nice comments about my stories....sorry I haven't been by sooner (I see your message is from a while ago) but I've been very busy adminning my own small non-skating board. I haven't been doing any writing at all lately but I've still been having a lot of fun! :)

Thanks again, you made my day!

M

mathman444

Emmy -- Great fan-fic site!!! (Ha, ha, you slipped up :rollin: )
I was way off. I was thinking something along the lines of Ann of Green Gables/Avon Lee. So, do you have them all married off to the girls of their dreams yet?

Seriously, that's some clever writing there. Especially the "add on one sentence" story. You should start one up here after the skating season is over.

Seriously, seriously. Very nice.

Mathman

E

Emmy

Slip up? Me? <span style="color:eek:range;"><strong>I don't think so</strong></span>! ;) Just thought I'd spread my profile info around a little! :D No, it's not really a fan-fic site...just a fan site....and yes, I have married them all off and then some but my stories aren't over there....I wrote and posted my stuff before I started that board, so your sleuthing is not yet complete! ;)

Btw, is "custom title" your custom title? How...er...interesting! Kinda like my highschool yearbook by-line where I wrote "something profound" instead of actually writing something profound! ;)

TTFN
I-don't-slip-up-Emmy :p

M

mathman444

I know one thing, if you do a Google search on "Emmy, Bonanza" you will get about 2500 hits about all of the Emmy awards the TV series received. :)

"Custom title" means I don't know how to do a custom title. :)

MM

M

mathman444

Emmy, there's a thread going on in the Cafe folder that might interest you. (My New Signature.) :lol:

Mathman