State Fair Photo Contest -- Help! | Golden Skate

State Fair Photo Contest -- Help!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I am wanting to enter in the Alaska State Fair's Photography contest. I can enter up to three, and I am really having a hard time picking 1 for each category I want to enter in. I want to enter in portraits, sports, and landscape. Landscape was easy for me to choose, but sports and portraits are harder for me to pick the right one... so I'm doing a sort of poll on my photo journal/site. Please go and choose your favorite! :)

Poll #1 - Sports (Figure Skating)
Poll #2 - Portrait

:)

Buzzz

Final Flight
I was not able to find the voting "booth", I will put my selections here...

1. Boy & bear. that one is too cute for words. :)

2. Orscher & Lucash #1

hope that helps

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kasey said:
Ummm, it shows me no way to vote....

*sigh* I have no idea why it's not letting everyone vote... some can and some can't... sorry :(

Orscher & Lucash #1

Beach Girl #2

These 2 get my votes...I couldn't figure out how to vote on the poll page either.

BridgetJ

Rinkside
My vote is for Belbin & Agosto #1... you captured the most perfect moment! Such passion and abandon.

Boy with Bear is my vote for the other category :)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I tried to vote, too, but couldn't. :cry:

Here are my picks:

Gregory & Petuhkov #1 (my only reservation is that Denis looks a little "cut off" in the picture. Can that be fixed?)

Belbin & Agosto #3 :clap:

For the other category - Boy with Bear :yes:

I'll be a contrarian and vote for Kasey #1. Boy and bear is great for a newspaper or magazine, but for a professional photo contest, IMHO Kasey captures the personality of the subject. I think the contest will get a lot of "cute kids" entries.

For skating, I agree with Iluvtodd. Gregory and Petuhkov #1. In fact, all of the G&P series are good. I think the cut of the picture on the right is OK. It definitely arrests the eye and gives the picture a more "edgy" look, IMO. To me, it looks like the photographer gave a lot of thought to the composition, instead of just getting lucky in capturing a superb position by the lady.

For the landscape, are you going with the winter scene with the telephone wires?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
For the landscape, are you going with the winter scene with the telephone wires?

*sigh* Somehow I KNEW you'd want me to enter that one...

Unless you have a strong argument for it, I will be using a different photo. It's of the Kenai River and it's the one that people gush over and several have wanted copies... while I know the rustic look of the winter scene is your favorite, this is Alaska and that is the post popular type of scene they get... so I am going to go for the simplistic Kenai River shot that I love so much

that and I can't find my 8X10 of the winter scene and I don't have the time or resources to print a new one :( :eek:hwell: