Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wow - We Bought a Townhouse!!! Yikes.

On the Ice
    Three words on selling a house: staging, staging, staging. Get rid of the clutter, clean, make gleam, manicure the yard, put away the knick-knacks, look at some magazines and try to imitate them inexpensively. We sold our Omaha house last Fall. Three realtors gave us a market value of $89K-$99K. So we sold it ourselves for $118K. I have sold two houses FSBO, simply by staging and direct marketing. Color flyers passed out to everyone on the block did the trick; not even a sign in the yard or any advertising. Also, St. Joseph helped. Really.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    I've always wanted to buy a derelict cottagge and renovate in my own style from scratch - I hate brand new houses, they have no personality.

Congrats on your new home, Lad. Keep us posted..............42

Maybe I need to get Skatehappy to come down here and help me get mine ready to sell. Sure takes a lot of work when my husband and I got married in 1948! Too much stuff! And how do you get rid of all those rocks? Agates, jasper, turquoise, etc. There are bushels of them. He would have to live 100 more years to have had to cut all of them!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grgranny
    Maybe I need to get Skatehappy to come down here and help me get mine ready to sell. Sure takes a lot of work when my husband and I got married in 1948! Too much stuff! And how do you get rid of all those rocks? Agates, jasper, turquoise, etc. There are bushels of them. He would have to live 100 more years to have had to cut all of them!

My husband has a huge record (I'm talking LPs) collection - and I mean huge - that has to be moved along with twenty-five years of other clutter. It's giving me night mares just thinking about it.

One thing that helps keep me from spending. I tell myself if you buy it you'll have to move it.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grgranny
    One thing that helps keep me from spending. I tell myself if you buy it you'll have to move it.

Right on Grgranny, so why did my hubby and I go to Sears this weekend and buy a bunch of new clothes? My closest can't hold anymore! HELP!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2