Wow - We Bought a Townhouse!!! Yikes. | Golden Skate

Wow - We Bought a Townhouse!!! Yikes.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
We - my husband and I - decided tonight to go through with our townhouse deal. We got the sellers to drop their price some more after the inspection. There are some repairs down the road, but it is really nice and we decided it is the one for us. Hope it works out!!!!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats and good luck to you both. I hope it works out for you! :thumbsup:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
It's always a hard decision to pick a home and leave your old one. Enjoy the move, and congratulations! I'm also glad they came down on the price. Always a good thing! :)

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Congratulations!!! Let the home repair projects begin!! :)

Sometimes I think it's better to fix things on your own (following a reduced sales price) than to have the seller's fix it. I think there is potential for better quality of repairs that way.

Best wishes!! Post pics!!

DG

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Boy, I can hardly believe the price!! :disapp: :frown2: :eek:hwell: :frown: :unsure:
My realtor doesn't think I can get more than 135,00. I sure hope she's wrong. I have at least 2750 sq. ft. and it's pretty nice. 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, Family room is 16 x 28, 2 patios with glass sliding doors, and a huge kitchen. I am getting closer to being ready to put it on the market. I was hoping this fall.

PatriciaMcLinn

Rinkside
Congratulations! It looks terrific. And you'll have fun making it your own. (Work and annoyance, too, but still ... fun :laugh: )

Thanks for including the link to the pix. As a realtor.com junkie, I appreciated it. :yes:

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
Boy, I can hardly believe the price!! :disapp: :frown2: :eek:hwell: :frown: :unsure:
My realtor doesn't think I can get more than 135,00. I sure hope she's wrong. I have at least 2750 sq. ft. and it's pretty nice. 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, Family room is 16 x 28, 2 patios with glass sliding doors, and a huge kitchen. I am getting closer to being ready to put it on the market. I was hoping this fall.

Real Estate in the lowermainland (Vancouver and suburbs) has sky-rocketed. The closer one gets to downtown Vancouver, the higher the price. Ten years ago, we would have paid much less. Oh well....

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Congrats again Lad!

Thanks for posting the pics. I hope I saw the right one! :) I think Vancouver is about as close to "God's Country" as you can get. I've only been there twice in my life for brief visits, but WOW.

Enjoy your new home and all the projects that come with it!!! Keep your sense of humor and all will be fine. :)

DG

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Grgranny said:

Grgranny, just remember that here in the midwest, homes are more reasonably priced, though in Omaha, I think your home would go for a bit more (not much) depending on the neighborhood.

Good luck, though. :)

Skatehappy

Rinkside
Three words on selling a house: staging, staging, staging. Get rid of the clutter, clean, make gleam, manicure the yard, put away the knick-knacks, look at some magazines and try to imitate them inexpensively. We sold our Omaha house last Fall. Three realtors gave us a market value of $89K-$99K. So we sold it ourselves for $118K. I have sold two houses FSBO, simply by staging and direct marketing. Color flyers passed out to everyone on the block did the trick; not even a sign in the yard or any advertising. Also, St. Joseph helped. Really. :clap:

diver chick

On the Ice
I've always wanted to buy a derelict cottagge and renovate in my own style from scratch - I hate brand new houses, they have no personality.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Maybe I need to get Skatehappy to come down here and help me get mine ready to sell. :rofl: Sure takes a lot of work when my husband and I got married in 1948! Too much stuff! And how do you get rid of all those rocks? Agates, jasper, turquoise, etc. There are bushels of them. He would have to live 100 more years to have had to cut all of them! :rofl:

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
Maybe I need to get Skatehappy to come down here and help me get mine ready to sell. :rofl: Sure takes a lot of work when my husband and I got married in 1948! Too much stuff! And how do you get rid of all those rocks? Agates, jasper, turquoise, etc. There are bushels of them. He would have to live 100 more years to have had to cut all of them! :rofl:

My husband has a huge record (I'm talking LPs) collection - and I mean huge - that has to be moved along with twenty-five years of other clutter. It's giving me night mares just thinking about it. :rolleye: