Skating with the Stars? | Golden Skate

Skating with the Stars?

Arianne

On the Ice
My husband heard that there was going to be a Skating edition of Dancing With the Stars. He said that it would be with mostly Canadian actors. Does anyone know anything more on this subject? Who do you think would participate as lead skaters? Figure skating is much more difficult than dancing on land. This would be a difficult feat for actors and actresses without skating experience, IMO.

Arianne

R.D.

Record Breaker
Hey,

Heard on another forum that this show is in the stages of production. IIRC skaters like Katarina Witt and Nancy Kerrigan were signing contracts to appear in the program (the Fox producer was "forbidden" to sign Tonya Harding).

Anyone know the format? If it's Pairs, I can just see a Comedy Central star throwing Nancy in a 'throw axel', and another from All My Children doing a quick lasso lift with Katerina. :cool:

Joe

Jhar55

Medalist
I remember a while back this was disscused over in LaCafe. Don't think everything was worked out as to the format. I'll skip the parts if Nancy is skating sorry I just don't care for her. It's a shame the produer bowed to Nancy by not letting Tonya skate. Don't care what she did or didn't do Tonya is still one of my favorites.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Jhar55 said:
It's a shame the produer bowed to Nancy by not letting Tonya skate. Don't care what she did or didn't do Tonya is still one of my favorites.
I don't think Tonya is in any condition to be skating pairs, unless she is the one who is going to be doing all the lifting. Click HERE to see her as she looked in her heyday, and recently. :unsure:

brad640

On the Ice
Longhornliz said:
whoa! that is the clearest example of steroid use I have ever seen. her face is so swollen!
Very sad. She will end up killing herself.