Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Campbell's Lineup

insecureedge - What makes Campbells for me a ho hum event is that I see no chance of it becoming an international event, and even if one skater from another country does show up, I wouldn't exactly call it a BIG event. It will be true to form with media interest in the Kwan/Cohen rivalry - two skaters who, imo, will be just testing the water for the upcoming season.

On a positive note (if one doesn't take the results seriously), we will hear the new music for the season, as well as an outline of the proposed choreogralphy, and of course, the new costumes. There will be for me an interest in watching Emilie, Bebe, and of course, Kimmie for obvious reasons.

The American boys will take it more seriously and with 5 or 6 good skaters battling it out for the Oly's team, this will be a first step to show their stuff. They won't hold back.

Joe

SkateFan4Life
    I just hope that none of the skaters burn themselves out with the "cheesefests" and other pre-season competitions. Frankly, it might be better for them to stay home, train like crazy, and just stay away from the media hype. Easier said than done, of course!

I don't agree. I think comptitions, even friendly ones like the Invitationals, are the best training.

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    I don't agree. I think comptitions, even friendly ones like the Invitationals, are the best training.
    I don't agree with you. IMHO, this constant flying all over the planet to skate in competitions - cheesefests, Grand Prix or whatever - is just plain nutty. The skaters burn themselves out with these competitions and arrive at their own Nationals tired and sometimes (Heaven forbid) injured. OK, I can see the logic in competing in two or three fall competitions so that the programs can be put before the judges, that's OK. But this "If it's Tuesday, it's Paris, if it's Thursday, it's Chicago" mantra s crazy. I know what it's like to be jetlagged, and it's awful!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2