Michael Weiss' "Tornado" | Golden Skate

Michael Weiss' "Tornado"

S

SkateFan4Life

Here's a link from Michael Weiss's "official" website describing his tornado twist.
Egads, this guy has been injured so many times, and he continues to perform moves like this?? :banging:

IMHO, of course!

http://www.michaelweiss.org/twist.shtml

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
this is old news and has been discussed to death EVERY SUMMER. :laugh:

It's a neat move, he rarely performs them any more... he used it a few years back at a pro am... it was very cool.. it wasn't as clean in the pro am as it had been in their practices (as we got to see it on a fluff piece and all) but I found it to be very cool...

if it makes him happy to perform it, why would it bother anyone? :scratch:

S

SkateFan4Life

Tonichelle said:
this is old news and has been discussed to death EVERY SUMMER. :laugh:

It's a neat move, he rarely performs them any more... he used it a few years back at a pro am... it was very cool.. it wasn't as clean in the pro am as it had been in their practices (as we got to see it on a fluff piece and all) but I found it to be very cool...

if it makes him happy to perform it, why would it bother anyone? :scratch:

With all due respect, I see a lot of new posters on GS, and chances are they have not discussed this subject to death every summer.

The move doesn't "bother" me as such, but, well, IMHO, for a person to throw himself around like that when he's had umpteen back and hip injuries....well.... need I say more.

Michael -- I sincerely hope you always land this maneuver on your feet! :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he doesn't even perform it anymore... so why worry about it? :sheesh: And if he wants to bring it back later he can... it's his body and as long as he's not going against doctor's orders I think he knows what he can and can't do...

just my feelings on it, but then again I'm just repeating myself as it was discussed back when he actually DID the jump four-plus years ago (I think it was four... anyway)

S

SkateFan4Life

Tonichelle said:
he doesn't even perform it anymore... so why worry about it? :sheesh: And if he wants to bring it back later he can... it's his body and as long as he's not going against doctor's orders I think he knows what he can and can't do...

just my feelings on it, but then again I'm just repeating myself as it was discussed back when he actually DID the jump four-plus years ago (I think it was four... anyway)

Well.....if he isn't performing the "tornado", then why is it featured in his website, as if he is still performing it?

'Nuff said on this subject! :laugh: