Peter Jennings | Golden Skate

Peter Jennings

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
has died. Sure sorry to hear it. I really liked him. They are having a special on ABC right now.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very sad news to wake up to. I was hoping he would be able to return to ABC news, but it was not to be. I will miss him. :cry:

RIP, Peter.

Arsenette

On the Ice
Wow that was very fast.. I didn't agree with a lot of things "politically" whenever he was doing the ABC News but that's a shame he died.. and so quickly! :frown: Condolences to his family that's such a shame.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Very sad news. I'm not a big fan of the American news shows, but if I had to watch one anchor deliver the news, it would be Jennings (maybe its his Canadian roots influencing me ;) ) When I was in journalism school, my prof had us all sign up for daily email newsletters written by Jennings himself. I always enjoyed reading them and viewing a more candid take on his views of the news. He accomplished so much in the news world without even having a high school diploma I believe.

Two big losses in one year. . . at the same time we were reading Jennings views in journalism class, we were also studying Hunter S. Thompson. Two different mediums, two very different people, but I sure do feel the loss of both of them

heyang

Record Breaker
He was my favorite of the 3 anchors of my generation. He seemed to be conversing with the audience - not lecturing. I made a point of watching the ABC Nightly news tonight, which was a tribute to him. I didn't realize that he had some Saturday AM shows where he conversed with only kids to get their open and honest and wise viewpoints on current events.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
has died. Sure sorry to hear it. I really liked him. They are having a special on ABC right now.

Grgranny:

Yes, heard the news. Peter did okay for a Canadian lad who never finished high school! His father worked for the CBC where Peter got his start in the journalism world. It's quite something to see how he was embraced by the American public. He will be missed.

bronxgirl

Medalist
a tragic loss, and this should remind everyone that most lung cancer can be prevented by NOT SMOKING!