Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tarasova leaving Simsbury

Skating Freak Barbie

News Tarasova leaving Simsbury

It's been reported at FSU and the AYDG, among other places. Rumors flying as to where she is heading, and if she's retiring or just changing locations. But I guess it's pretty solid that she IS leaving Simsbury (possibly to be replaced by Morosov). Wow, the end of an era! I hope she lands safely somewhere and still is active in the sport a bit longer.

Kasey

Custom Title
    Wouldn't it be wild if she ended up in Artesia, CA?

Medalist
    Yeah, I read that on FSU. But some total doof thought it would be cool to post that she/he heard from a long list of sources that Tarasova was moving to Artesia. They put a lil black box under their post and when you move your mouse over it, it says "Tee Hee JK Tee Hee". So beware when you read that persons post.

Custom Title
    I read it here before FSU, but no one seems to know where Tarasova is going. There is a rumor on MKF that Piseev wants to retire and has tapped her to succeed him; there is a report on FSU of unspecified "belongings" shipped to Russia. So, who knows where she will end up? I just thought it would be wild if it was Artesia -- not that I think she will end up there.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau-goodle76
    Yeah, I read that on FSU. But some total doof thought it would be cool to post that she/he heard from a long list of sources that Tarasova was moving to Artesia. They put a lil black box under their post and when you move your mouse over it, it says "Tee Hee JK Tee Hee". So beware when you read that persons post.
    I don't think you need to read "a lil black box" to realize the poster was kidding...

Medalist
    I thought it was far-fetch when I seen that the poster's "uncle's sisters friends daughter's whatever" was the source. People are just maw-bane.

I thought about that when Kwan went to have a program by TT. It was just too coincidental for me. A new rink in comfortable weather could use a first rate coach to attract business. But hey, I could be wrong.

Joe

Custom Title
    I can't see TT moving to CA simply because it adds another 3000+ miles to Russia. Her husband lives in Europe and that would make it even more difficult for them to see each other. Traveling from East Coast to West is really like going to Western Europe from NY. Why would she want to double her travel?

I would be shocked if she were to end up in CA and as a Michelle coach, no less!

Yana

Custom Title
    Seriously ... there is a report on the AYDG, based on a translated interview with Yags, that Tarasova is going to Moscow.

Tripping on the Podium icedancer2's Avatar
    I don't understand why this is a such a big deal -- IIRC she went back to Russia last year or the year before due to "health concerns".

None of our business, really -- if all the choreography is done, then everybody just needs to start working really hard!!

Only 6 months to go, guys!

Skating Freak Barbie
    Quote Originally Posted by icedancer2
    I don't understand why this is a such a big deal -- IIRC she went back to Russia last year or the year before due to "health concerns".
    !
    But this is not just a return to her home country for a visit. This seems to be quite permanent; shipping things home, clearing out the house, Morosov coming to Simsbury.....That makes it a bit of a bigger deal to me, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pau-goodle76
    People are just maw-bane.
    I hate to sound old and out-of-it, but what does "maw-bane" mean?

I Googled it and found some references to a kind of gourd in the Navaho language. Here is a whole message board devoted to gourd dancing.

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Quote Originally Posted by icedancer2
    None of our business, really -- if all the choreography is done, then everybody just needs to start working really hard!!
    Last time I checked TT was more than a choreographer to several skaters including Johnny Weir. I'll be surprised if she goes back to Moscow for good this season; next season is a different story. OTOH, I'd be surprised with a move to the West Coast. Somewhere else on the East Coast perhaps...

Custom Title
    I haven't spoken with her about it, but when Alexei came to Minnesota last month he spent the night before he arrived here in Simsbury packing up all of his belongings from Tatiana's basement. His back was sore from all the heavy lifting, LOL, and he was so happy to be reunited with some of his long-lost skating memorabilia he had forgotten about. He said she was returning sometime to Russia to live, and was mailing her belongings over there. Had the impression she would certainly be coaching through the Olympics.

Also got the impression she was at least moving out of the house the rink provides for her in the near future as she told Alexei he had to have his things out then, and couldn't wait until a possible return by him to Simsbury area in September when he was thinking of coming back for a few days to choreograph new programs with Zhulin and/or TT.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibar
    IAlso got the impression she was at least moving out of the house the rink provides for her in the near future as she told Alexei he had to have his things out then, and couldn't wait until a possible return by him to Simsbury area in September when he was thinking of coming back for a few days to choreograph new programs with Zhulin and/or TT.
    If Alexei doesn't get his stuff out in time, she could always sell it all on ebay. I bet she could make enough for some new furs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast