Tarasova leaving Simsbury | Golden Skate

Tarasova leaving Simsbury

Kasey

Medalist
It's been reported at FSU and the AYDG, among other places. Rumors flying as to where she is heading, and if she's retiring or just changing locations. But I guess it's pretty solid that she IS leaving Simsbury (possibly to be replaced by Morosov). Wow, the end of an era! I hope she lands safely somewhere and still is active in the sport a bit longer.

Kasey

Pau-goodle76

Rinkside
Yeah, I read that on FSU. But some total doof thought it would be cool to post that she/he heard from a long list of sources that Tarasova was moving to Artesia. They put a lil black box under their post and when you move your mouse over it, it says "Tee Hee JK Tee Hee". So beware when you read that persons post.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I read it here before FSU, but no one seems to know where Tarasova is going. There is a rumor on MKF that Piseev wants to retire and has tapped her to succeed him; there is a report on FSU of unspecified "belongings" shipped to Russia. So, who knows where she will end up? I just thought it would be wild if it was Artesia -- not that I think she will end up there.

Sabrine Tornston

Spectator
Pau-goodle76 said:
Yeah, I read that on FSU. But some total doof thought it would be cool to post that she/he heard from a long list of sources that Tarasova was moving to Artesia. They put a lil black box under their post and when you move your mouse over it, it says "Tee Hee JK Tee Hee". So beware when you read that persons post.
I don't think you need to read "a lil black box" to realize the poster was kidding... ;)

Pau-goodle76

Rinkside
I thought it was far-fetch when I seen that the poster's "uncle's sisters friends daughter's whatever" was the source. People are just maw-bane.

I thought about that when Kwan went to have a program by TT. It was just too coincidental for me. A new rink in comfortable weather could use a first rate coach to attract business. But hey, I could be wrong.

Joe

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
I can't see TT moving to CA simply because it adds another 3000+ miles to Russia. Her husband lives in Europe and that would make it even more difficult for them to see each other. Traveling from East Coast to West is really like going to Western Europe from NY. Why would she want to double her travel?

I would be shocked if she were to end up in CA and as a Michelle coach, no less!

Yana

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Seriously ... there is a report on the AYDG, based on a translated interview with Yags, that Tarasova is going to Moscow.

icedancer2

Rinkside
I don't understand why this is a such a big deal -- IIRC she went back to Russia last year or the year before due to "health concerns".

None of our business, really -- if all the choreography is done, then everybody just needs to start working really hard!!

Only 6 months to go, guys!

Kasey

Medalist
icedancer2 said:
I don't understand why this is a such a big deal -- IIRC she went back to Russia last year or the year before due to "health concerns".
!

But this is not just a return to her home country for a visit. This seems to be quite permanent; shipping things home, clearing out the house, Morosov coming to Simsbury.....That makes it a bit of a bigger deal to me, but that's just my opinion.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
icedancer2 said:
None of our business, really -- if all the choreography is done, then everybody just needs to start working really hard!!
Last time I checked TT was more than a choreographer to several skaters including Johnny Weir. I'll be surprised if she goes back to Moscow for good this season; next season is a different story. OTOH, I'd be surprised with a move to the West Coast. Somewhere else on the East Coast perhaps...

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I haven't spoken with her about it, but when Alexei came to Minnesota last month he spent the night before he arrived here in Simsbury packing up all of his belongings from Tatiana's basement. His back was sore from all the heavy lifting, LOL, and he was so happy to be reunited with some of his long-lost skating memorabilia he had forgotten about. He said she was returning sometime to Russia to live, and was mailing her belongings over there. Had the impression she would certainly be coaching through the Olympics.

Also got the impression she was at least moving out of the house the rink provides for her in the near future as she told Alexei he had to have his things out then, and couldn't wait until a possible return by him to Simsbury area in September when he was thinking of coming back for a few days to choreograph new programs with Zhulin and/or TT.

brad640

On the Ice
Zanzibar said:
IAlso got the impression she was at least moving out of the house the rink provides for her in the near future as she told Alexei he had to have his things out then, and couldn't wait until a possible return by him to Simsbury area in September when he was thinking of coming back for a few days to choreograph new programs with Zhulin and/or TT.

If Alexei doesn't get his stuff out in time, she could always sell it all on ebay. I bet she could make enough for some new furs.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Hee-hee, good point! What do you think the big ticket items would be and how much are you willing to pay, LOL?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whatever happens or whatever she chooses to do I wish her all the best of luck and happy life. She is such a grand lady!!!

Dee

jesslily

Final Flight
Does anyone know why TT has to move or leave? I think she really likes to teach in US. Or the contract suddenly ended and she could not renew it?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Eventually, TT does want to return to Russia. Her elderly mother is there, as is her sister Galina, not to mention most of her friends. With husband Vladimir Krainev in Germany, I bet family reunions would be much simpler with her in Moscow. There have been some rumors as well that with Piseev retiring she may try out for the spot (I doubt, but still...). Most Russian coaches left Russia because of a horrific lack of training conditions; now that there have been some improvements, some are coming back (such as Moskvina). It's not secret tha TT has been negotiating time in Moscow for several years now, albeit unsuccessfuly.

Having said all that, I wouldn't expect her to move before Turin.