Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tarasova leaving Simsbury

Custom Title
    Hee-hee, good point! What do you think the big ticket items would be and how much are you willing to pay, LOL?

After all this speculation, she just might be moving to a new residence in the Hartford area.

Joe

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Whatever happens or whatever she chooses to do I wish her all the best of luck and happy life. She is such a grand lady!!!

Dee

Ice Angel
    Does anyone know why TT has to move or leave? I think she really likes to teach in US. Or the contract suddenly ended and she could not renew it?

Eventually, TT does want to return to Russia. Her elderly mother is there, as is her sister Galina, not to mention most of her friends. With husband Vladimir Krainev in Germany, I bet family reunions would be much simpler with her in Moscow. There have been some rumors as well that with Piseev retiring she may try out for the spot (I doubt, but still...). Most Russian coaches left Russia because of a horrific lack of training conditions; now that there have been some improvements, some are coming back (such as Moskvina). It's not secret tha TT has been negotiating time in Moscow for several years now, albeit unsuccessfuly.

Having said all that, I wouldn't expect her to move before Turin.

On the Ice
    It seems like this rumor makes the rounds every year. After Sasha Cohen left TT, it was said that TT was packing up and moving back to Moscow after Christmas, but that never panned out.

Skating Freak Barbie
    Per a source in Simsbury, who heard it straight from Tatiana, she is returning to Moscow and will not be in Simsbury after 9/15. We'll see what happens.

If all this is true, I wonder how it will affect Johnny. TT seemed to really be able to inspire him. I'm afraid he won't get nearly as much from her if he'll just come to Moscow for brief consulting sessions.

Custom Title
    Tis true. Kasey is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka
    If all this is true, I wonder how it will affect Johnny. TT seemed to really be able to inspire him. I'm afraid he won't get nearly as much from her if he'll just come to Moscow for brief consulting sessions.
    I think Johnny will be fine. He has worked with TT all summer and was reportedly very pleased with her work, although he is not using the Liebestraum LP she created for him. I wonder if his LP will be created by someone else or if TT did another one for him.

Skating Freak Barbie
    Johnny was working on the other long program while still in Simsbury, so I'm assuming TT had done some of it.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibar
    Hee-hee, good point! What do you think the big ticket items would be and how much are you willing to pay, LOL?
    Wow! That could be a whole other thread..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2