Doggy updates anyone?? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Doggy updates anyone??

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Ditto JO - the little girl and puppy are adoreable.

I'm very sorry to hear about Faith. Rescue dogs who suffer so much abuse can end up with some bad problems as a result - no fault of the dog or the person who does the rescue. I'm glad she reported the abusers. My heart goes out to her about Faith. Please let her know that your GS friends are thinking of her.

DG

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
PatriciaMcLinn said:
It was a great rant, DG <g> I always remember a post on a collie rescue site about people who gave up a wonderfully tempered collie because the woman said there was too much fur. Gee, who would ever think a collie would have a lot of fur????
May be she had allergies? A family we know recently had to give up their two very much loved cats because it turned out two family members were allergic (they just never realized that before, thought they just had sinus problems). Luckily, they seemed to have found nice homes for them.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Ptichka,

allergies have a nasty way of sneaking up on people. You may live with dogs or cats all your life and never become allergic. Or you may find you are allergic after having a pet all your life. Sometimes, you never notice an allergy until after a new pet moves in (like my daughter -- we had a dog when she was born and until early elementary school. But a new dog in high school brought asthma and pneumonia. She's the only person I know who's more allergic to dogs than cats.). And my son found out he was allergic to farm animals simply by visiting a farm. (Guess he won't be taking riding lessons anytime soon!)

Doesn't surprise me that people won't give up their pets, as we kept hearing about people who refused to be evacuated without their pets after Katrina. Of course, someone's loss meant a new pet for me after my kitty died from cancer. Too bad there aren't more homes waiting for pets who have lost their home -- for whatever reason.