Emanuel Sandhu | Golden Skate

Emanuel Sandhu

S

SkateFan4Life

Here's a link to an interesting fan website on Candian champion Emanuel Sandhu. The spread eagle is amazing, IMHO. Here's a guy who has an ocean of talent, incredible artistry, edges, and choreography. If he manages to bring everything together - i.e. the jumps - he could medal at the Olympics.

Good luck, Emanuel! :clap:

http://www.emanuelsandhu.com/

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I LOVE watching his skating, even when it's heartbreaking (often, unfortunately). I REALLY hope he pulls together some outstanding performances this year. If so, I bet they will be performances to save on tape and watch again and again.

He's right up there in my "sentimental favorites" department with Weir and Buttle.

DG

screech

Final Flight
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Emanuel will have his Liz Manley moment at the Olympics this year. He will go out there and finally put 2 skates back to back and will just finally be all 'screw what everyone says or thinks. i'm just gonna go out there, have fun, try my best, and kick some ***, because I CAN!'

emma

Record Breaker
screech said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Emanuel will have his Liz Manley moment at the Olympics this year. He will go out there and finally put 2 skates back to back and will just finally be all 'screw what everyone says or thinks. i'm just gonna go out there, have fun, try my best, and kick some ***, because I CAN!'

Well, since that IS going to happen (thanks screech!), I'm definitely going to figure out how record with my VCR because two clean Eman (sorry if the dimunitive/informal address ofends anyone) programs would be AWESOME, and would simply need to be viewed/and re-viewed, and viewed again, etc.

S

SkateFan4Life

emma said:
Well, since that IS going to happen (thanks screech!), I'm definitely going to figure out how record with my VCR because two clean Eman (sorry if the dimunitive/informal address ofends anyone) programs would be AWESOME, and would simply need to be viewed/and re-viewed, and viewed again, etc.

IMHO, an Olympic medal (any color) by Emanuel Sandhu would rank right up there with Paul Wylie's unlikely silver medal at the 1992 Olympics. Paul wasn't considered to be a favorite for any medal - he was a longshot, by any stretch of the imagination - yet he managed to put together two of the finest programs of his career, and he won the silver medal. And that silver medal launched Paul into a wonderful professional career.

Good luck, Emanuel! :clap: