Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Harding/Kerrigan Saga Timeline

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    I think the difference in the testing between nurses and CPAs is the estimated income
    I hadn't thought of it like that. I guess they feel the education is supposed to cover the knowledge needed for the job, but even then my sister went to school fewer years than I did.

Back on topic, I still think the threat to sue which was eventually followed by an admission of guilt on some level really pushed some buttons that otherwise wouldn't have been pushed.

Custom Title
    What ever happened to Harding;s coaches? Are Diane Rawlinson or Dody Teachmen still coaching.

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by mpal2
    I hadn't thought of it like that. I guess they feel the education is supposed to cover the knowledge needed for the job, but even then my sister went to school fewer years than I did.

Back on topic, I still think the threat to sue which was eventually followed by an admission of guilt on some level really pushed some buttons that otherwise wouldn't have been pushed.
    IMHO, those buttons would have been pushed anyway, with or without the threat of taking the USFSA to court. Criminal activity simply cannot be condoned by the skating association, and I think Harding would have been stripped of the 1994 US title and banned for life from participating in any USFSA-sanctioned events, regardless of whether she had threatened to sue.

On the other hand, her "I'm gonna sue you" strategy probably did provide just another impetus for the USFSA to thump down on her, bigtime.

In my opinion, Tonya got exactly what she deserved.

Tripping on the Podium icedancer2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyora
    What ever happened to Harding;s coaches? Are Diane Rawlinson or Dody Teachmen still coaching.
    Yes they are still teaching in Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA (across the river from Portland).

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by icedancer2
    Yes they are still teaching in Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA (across the river from Portland).
    Hopefully, they'll never have another student like Tonya. But then, how in the world could they?

I thingk they gave gold to Oksana only because of the Nancy & Tanya, the OC took the easy way out by not giving the medal th either girl to send some king of message.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhar55
    I thingk they gave gold to Oksana only because of the Nancy & Tanya, the OC took the easy way out by not giving the medal th either girl to send some king of message.
    I don't get it. What message would they be sending Nancy -- don't be the victim of a crime?

Custom Title
    LOL! Then how do you explain that Kerrigan almost won it by a sliver of a point? If your theory was correct, it would have been a decisive victory with more judges giving the nod to Oksana. But that's not what happened. Don't think for one minute the ISU weren't peeing their pants with joy over the increased media attention to the sport. It cost them nothing as the scandal didn't involve the ISU directly (Unlike the SLC judging scandal, which pointed an unflattering light on THEMSELVES).

IF (and I say "if") the judges were influenced by anything, it would have been over the fact that Oksana skated well despite having crashed into another skater, rather than the media attention generated from Kerrigan/Harding. But I even question that given the close marks they recieved.

SkateFan4Life
    What message?? That's totally ridiculous logic. I agree with the other posters who commented on this. First of all, the ISU was probably secretly jumping cartwheels at the prospect of so much media attention to their sport. The media came and covered the women's figure skating competition to the saturation point, and the television ratings went over the roof. Secondly, do you think the OC was telling Kerrigan that it was somehow her fault that she was the victim of the attack? Please, give me a break. If the OC was really, really "angry" at both Kerrigan and Harding, then explain why Bauil won the gold medal in a very close 5/4 decision?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2