Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is it with American HYPE?

A. Y. & E. P.: Tzars Of The Ice, Lords Of The Rink anya_angie's Avatar
    As much as I love Orlando Bloom's voice, and his character Will Turner, he's nothing special. YET.

DiCaprio has his moments; his best is Gangs of New York and What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

One guy I can't get into is Stuart Townsend. He ruined Lestat. :(

As much as I love Aaliyah's beautiful singing (I love her ballads mostly), she had an overhyped but far too short acting career. Given more time she could have been great.

Agreed with Cruise and Duff. UGH. The only thing I liked Cruise in is Int. w/ Vampire.

Speaking of, I'm sick of Kirsten Dunst as of late. Again, brilliant in Interview, but quite shabby everywhere else.

Colin Ferrell, Ben Affleck, both great in Daredevil, but not as great everywhere else. Not one for Matt Damon either.

Christina Aguilara, Britney Spears.

Brad Pitt was perfect in Interview With The Vampire, but I wish it were a bit more true to the book.

Anje - You brought back memories of 'Interview". I agree it didnot follow the book all that well. But the hype the movie got killed it too. People went in spite of wanting to hate it and especially to see Cruise suck the blood out of Pitt.

Joe

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    I know most of it is with a new movie soon to be released (Cruise, Hanks, Travolta) but the hype organized by the agent to rub it in just grates on me.

The worst "STAR", and I use that term lightly, is Sarah Jessica Parker. She has to be the most overhyped celebrity in America today. There were three other gals in that HBO show, and one never heard about any of them until the show's last season. Sarah seems to be everwhere and not connected to publicizing any new movie or tv show. She's home with Matt and the baby, she is at every function in the NY area. She's at every award show nominated or not.
    Everything she does, is done by other celebrities, too, but other celebrities do not get the fanfare. She makes headlines.

Other "STARS" I see as overhyped: Hudson, Paltrow.

Who are you tired of seeing everywhere?

Joe
    Ben Afflick and JLo were hyped to adnausea - the now defunct couple made a couple of movies here in British Columbia; All we heard was Bennifer and where they were seen.

Todd Bertuzzi and Steve Moore. All we heard from the hockey world - aside from the strike all last season. Give it a rest.

A. Y. & E. P.: Tzars Of The Ice, Lords Of The Rink anya_angie's Avatar
    I think Anne's ad saying she approved of the movie after previously saying she didn't agree with the casting choice for Lestat helped it too. My favorite character in that movie after Louis is Armand, then Santiago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2