Sleeping beauty on ice- did anyone see it? | Golden Skate

Sleeping beauty on ice- did anyone see it?

Vash01

Medalist
I turned to ABC on Saturday afternoon, and saw there was 'Sleeping beauty' skated on ice. Tai Babilonia was a commentator. Pasha Grishchuk was a guest commentator (appeared just once). I could not recognize the skaters. Did anyone see this?

Vash

S

SkateFan4Life

Vash01 said:
I turned to ABC on Saturday afternoon, and saw there was 'Sleeping beauty' skated on ice. Tai Babilonia was a commentator. Pasha Grishchuk was a guest commentator (appeared just once). I could not recognize the skaters. Did anyone see this?

Vash

Was this the 1987 "Sleeping Beauty" that starred Robin Cousins and Rosalyn Sumners? That program helped to bring Roz out of the blue funk she was in after losing the 1984 Olympic title to Katarina Witt.

Vash01

Medalist
It could not have been the 1987 version if Pasha Grishchuk appeared on it (although as a commentator). I did not see Roslyn or Robin in it. There was no information at the end, nor in the TV guide.

Vash

S

SkateFan4Life

Vash01 said:
It could not have been the 1987 version if Pasha Grishchuk appeared on it (although as a commentator). I did not see Roslyn or Robin in it. There was no information at the end, nor in the TV guide.

Vash

Well, it could have been a re-run of the 1987 program, with Grishchuk as a commentator. I've seen this happen before -- bringing out classic skating specials and asking "current" skaters to give their impressions of them. :)

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I caught the end of it and Pasha skated pairs with her partner and several others. I think they took pieces from other programs and killed the audio and put them on with the Nutcracker. They had just cuts from several .- Oksana's was from her ealrier days plus Hammil, etc. It was called Gold, Silver, Bronze. It looked like something shown a few years ago and I imagine I have it recorded. Wish I had know about it earlier.

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Grgranny said:
I caught the end of it and Pasha skated pairs with her partner and several others. I think they took pieces from other programs and killed the audio and put them on with the Nutcracker. They had just cuts from several .- Oksana's was from her ealrier days plus Hammil, etc. It was called Gold, Silver, Bronze. It looked like something shown a few years ago and I imagine I have it recorded. Wish I had know about it earlier.

Actually, my TIVO recorded this program Sat 8/6. Unlike the numerous showings of the lame "Gold, Silver and Bronze", this was actually a one-hour showing of just "Sleeping Beauty on Ice" with Pasha. In the intro, she said she was the 2 time and REIGNING Olympic dance champion, so it appears to have been originally recorded at least after 1998 but before 2002.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I must have gone through one of my doors again, getting the music wrong!

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
I saw it once like 7 years ago live. It was boring as heck to me then. Now since i like ice dancing i'll see it again