Unused figure skating book titles | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Unused figure skating book titles

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
How about, "Rink Around The Rosies." :eek:
Speaking of Josee Chouinard, I've always been somewhat puzzled by THIS picture. It's just begging to be captioned, but I'm not sure what to write. :scratch:
It may be from that ProAm Canadian Open of 2001 where Josee defeated Michelle for the gold medal skating a program choreographed by Lori Nichol in which she portrayed a mime called Pierrot. IIRC, the judges were looking for something "different" for the artistic program, something leaning more towards what a pro program would look like, and Josee fulfilled that condition, whereas Michelle, who skated a lovely program, did not. She skated a standard amateur type program and was penalized accordingly.

If this photo was indeed from this competition, then the caption would be, in referring to the gold medal:

"It's MIME, and you can't have it!"
:biggrin:

Last edited:

Spirit

On the Ice
"What's A Nasty Joint Like This Doing In A Nice Girl Like You?"
"It's MIME, and you can't have it!"

These two were so brilliant they left me groaning and rolling on the floor in pain. PAIN, I say!

God, what I have I started with this thread?

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Other possibilities for titles of skating books:

Kiss 'n' Cry - the Oksana Baiul story

Slipping and Sliding - [sadly, could fit a number of skaters]

Skate Guard - the story of the Kerrigan-Harding Saga, from the eyes of Tonya's bodyguard, Shawn Ekhardt

Mishin Possible - the Alexei Mishin story

Last edited:

CDMM1991

Medalist
Frau Muller said:
Other possibilities for titles of skating books:

Kiss 'n' Cry - the Oksana Baiul story

Slipping and Sliding - [sadly, could fit a number of skaters]

Skate Guard - the story of the Kerrigan-Harding Saga, from the eyes of Tonya's bodyguard, Shawn Ekhardt

Mishin Possible - the Alexei Mishin story

Those are great :)

John King

Final Flight
IDLERACER said:
How about, "Rink Around The Rosies." :eek:
Speaking of Josee Chouinard, I've always been somewhat puzzled by THIS picture. It's just begging to be captioned, but I'm not sure what to write. :scratch:

"Nice to know that figure skating is so multi-racial;here we see(l-r)Oriental,Caucasion,and whatever Michael Jackson is".

IDLERACER

Medalist
John King said:
"Nice to know that figure skating is so multi-racial;here we see(l-r)Oriental,Caucasion,and whatever Michael Jackson is".
Michael Jackson is Canadian? :scratch:

Jhar55

Medalist
Ok, I haven't read every post so hope this isn't a repeat.
Has The Ice Started To Melt