Jennifer Kirk's chicago music | Golden Skate

Jennifer Kirk's chicago music

WeirsAngel

Rinkside
has anyone got the chicago music that she skated to for her SP this season? I really need that music as soon as possible. If you've got it, please post it. Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

Hikaru

Final Flight
The music of Jenny's SP is from the soundtrack of the movie Chicago. It's a combination of several tracks on the CD, the exact ones are:

1. Overture/And All That Jazz
7. Roxie
13. Nowadays/Hot Honey Rag

IDLERACER

Medalist
In the mid 1990s, Oksana Baiul used to do a similar routine using the music from the original Broadway cast album.

WeirsAngel

Rinkside
Hikaru said:
The music of Jenny's SP is from the soundtrack of the movie Chicago. It's a combination of several tracks on the CD, the exact ones are:

1. Overture/And All That Jazz
7. Roxie
13. Nowadays/Hot Honey Rag

Thank you so much! I don't know how to thank you! HAha...because I had no idea what the name of the third song ws called so now it's much easier to find the song! :agree:

WeirsAngel

Rinkside
There is a part of the music between "Roxie" and "Nowadays/hot honey rag" where she has her moves in the field. The music isn't any of those two. Do you know what the title of that part is?
Sorry about my english... :no:

Hikaru

Final Flight
WeirsAngel said:
There is a part of the music between "Roxie" and "Nowadays/hot honey rag" where she has her moves in the field. The music isn't any of those two. Do you know what the title of that part is?
Yes! I was trying to find the name of that piece. I have the soundtrack, I will listen to it to see if that track is there, but for some reason I don't remember listening to it before. I'll check just in case :agree:

Hikaru

Final Flight
OK, that section of the music is not on the Chicago Movie OST (at least the one I have). But that section of music that Jenny used is an instrumental version of "Mister Cellophane", the thing is that I don't know from where she got that piece of music. I expect from other CD of course.

On this website:
http://realmofgaming.com/jennykirk/?page=programs.php
they have a description of the programs, and they mention somehing about "Tango de Roxanne" --- I don't know if that would be the name of the mysterious music, or if it is something else. :)

Tango de Roxanne is on the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. I think Plushenko used it a couple of seasons ago.

MM

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
WeirsAngel said:
Hikaru said:
OK, that section of the music is not on the Chicago Movie OST (at least the one I have). But that section of music that Jenny used is an instrumental version of "Mister Cellophane", the thing is that I don't know from where she got that piece of music. I expect from other CD of course.

I think I've figured out where the piece of music is from. It's from the Original Cast CD of the 1997 Broadway revival with Bebe Neuwirth and Ann Reinking. It's track #13 (Entr'Acte) which is played at the beginning of Act 2 (I saw the show when it came to San Francisco in 98 and immediately bought the CD). The actual piece you are looking for occurs at the 1:18 mark. IIRC, she did her spiral sequence at this point in her SP. Hope this helps.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

WeirsAngel

Rinkside
Hikaru, Thank you for all you're help:) It was very nice of you :agree: If anyone does have that piece of music, please post it.
Otherwise...does anyone know any slow part from the chicago soundtrack where no one is singing? Because I need a little slower part for the moves in the field. If there's nothing it can be from some other songs too...as long as it fits with the other chicago music. Thanks!

hrmsk8ngnutt said:
I think I've figured out where the piece of music is from. It's from the Original Cast CD of the 1997 Broadway revival with Bebe Neuwirth and Ann Reinking. It's track #13 (Entr'Acte) which is played at the beginning of Act 2 (I saw the show when it came to San Francisco in 98 and immediately bought the CD). The actual piece you are looking for occurs at the 1:18 mark. IIRC, she did her spiral sequence at this point in her SP. Hope this helps.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)
Do you have that music??? If you have, could you please post it? Thank you