Best Men's Performance in Competition for the 2004-2005 Season | Golden Skate

Best Men's Performance in Competition for the 2004-2005 Season

Who had the best men's performance in competition for the 2004-2005 season?

• Stéphane Lambiel

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Jeffrey Buttle

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Evan Lysacek

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Evgeni Plushenko

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Johnny Weir

Votes: 26 35.1%

• Total voters

CDMM1991

Medalist
This is the first of nine polls in the newest issue of International Figure Skating.

Vash01

Medalist
Plushenko obviously could not skate at worlds due to injury. However, all of his performances during the season were superb. Unfortunately the last competition (worlds) must have left a memory in many minds.

anya_angie

Final Flight
Gosh, I love Johnny's performances this year, but I loved Zhenya's Godfather even more, especially at the Grand Prix Final. *sigh* should have remembered that!!!!! DANGIT!

screech

Final Flight
Definitely Jeff's LP at Canadians. After a disastrous SP he goes out there and just skates (almost) flawlessly, and having been there live, the energy and emotion in the arena after his skate was amazing - people crying, everyone screaming... and for him to pull that out at what is usually his worst competition of the season, that was just bloody brilliant.

Fozzie Bear

On the Ice
Of those on the list I'd pick Buttle, but for me the best performance would be Matt Savoie's SP at Nationals. :love:

floskate

On the Ice
Johnny's LP from NHK was just a stunning thing of beauty. And his SP at TEB - I was lucky to see that live and it is something I'll never forget :love:

CDMM1991

Medalist
I find it funny how all of the options have been picked by at least someone except for the World Champion's! haha!

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Thaanks Foz!! In the process of saving it, right now. :clap:

Shanti-ITA I almost got run over by that human bullet. Why his coach wanted me on the same practice ice, I'll never know. I coulda gotten killed, lol. :laugh:

Fozzie Bear

On the Ice
You're both very welcome. :)

CzarinaAnya, you've shared the ice with Matt Savoie before? Lucky you! : :thumbsup:

Vash01

Medalist
CzarinaAnya said:
Stephane's long program at worlds!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

As I recall, Stephane did not skate that great in the LP at worlds (2 triples popped into singles, very late finish), but he did enough to win. Of course almost everyone else had a melt down in the LP, so it could still have made a great impression. His spins were great as always. In the end, it's a matter of who you like, as is obvious from the answers.

Kasey

Medalist
Vash01 said:
As I recall, Stephane did not skate that great in the LP at worlds (2 triples popped into singles, very late finish), but he did enough to win. Of course almost everyone else had a melt down in the LP, so it could still have made a great impression. His spins were great as always. In the end, it's a matter of who you like, as is obvious from the answers.

I think there is a difference between a "great program" and doing "enough to win". Stephane had a great World championship competition, but the long program errors were :scratch:

I'm not a Plushenko fan, but I picked him, for his GPF....

Kasey said:
I think there is a difference between a "great program" and doing "enough to win". Stephane had a great World championship competition, but the long program errors were :scratch:

I'm not a Plushenko fan, but I picked him, for his GPF....
Absolutely. If a skater does a quad and misses a lesser jump, you just can't say it was due to inability. It's just one of those slippery sport elements. However, much can be said about Stephane's over all package.

By the way I thought Buttle had the best choreographed piece in the Worlds.

Joe

Last edited:

Skater_Kid

Rinkside
Jeff's lp performance at Nationals WHOOOOO HOOOOO he was the home town hero for like 2 mothes and then he goes to worlds and gets a silver medal holy cow all the peeps at SSC(sudbury Skating Club ) were all have spazams ...it was awsome :clap:

urmaniac13

Rinkside
I must say, from the point of view of level of performance, Zhenya was better at the Europeans than Stephane did at the Worlds. Stephane did get a little lucky in winning the gold medal, but I was extremely happy for him all the same, I just hope he can build on his accomplishments from there, he's got so much going for him and I adore his style, not to mention his spinning....