Best Ladies Performance in Competition for the 2004-2005 Competitive Season | Golden Skate

Best Ladies Performance in Competition for the 2004-2005 Competitive Season

Who had the best ladies performance in competition in the 2004-2005 season?

• Irina Slutskaya

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • Sasha Cohen

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Carolina Kostner

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Michelle Kwan

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Fumie Suguri

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

CDMM1991

Medalist
Best Ladies Performance in Competition for the 2004-2005 Competitive Season

Second of nine polls in the new International Figure Skating magazine.

screech

Final Flight
Irina was awesome, so I voted for her, but for me, Joannie Rochette's LP at Canadians. Just flawless and brilliant and absolutely stunning - she was the first skater in the last group and every single person in that arena knew that every other skater could go out and do quad axel/quad toe combinations and they wouldn't even touch her.

Based on the choreography and how well she skated, I would say, Joannie Rochette. Please I'm not talking about Worlds but the Firebird flew through the whole of the GP, and the fortune teller just didn't get to me.

Joe

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
For me, it has to be Fumie at 4CC. She definitely had the best performance and choreography of any other lady that season. Not many lady skaters could say they breathed new life into Carmen.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Irina's LP performance at 2005 Worlds was easily superior to all the other skates of that season (IMO, mind you). I felt the whole 2004-05 season was rather lackluster, and even though I don't really like her, her performance clearly stood out among the rest and sort of "redeemed" the season in my eyes.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Joesitz said:
Based on the choreography and how well she skated, I would say, Joannie Rochette. Please I'm not talking about Worlds but the Firebird flew through the whole of the GP, and the fortune teller just didn't get to me.

Joe

oh, how I wished you could have seen her LP at Canadians! It was completely flawless, triple triple and all. No one could touch her. Screech described it perfectly. Great program choreographically as well, and I just wish she could have repeated that performance at worlds!

rain

Record Breaker
I voted for none of these ladies, as the best performance I saw was Joannie Rochette at the Canadian championships. She was spectacular.