Best Performance by a Pairs Team in Competition for the 2004-2005 Season | Golden Skate

Best Performance by a Pairs Team in Competition for the 2004-2005 Season

Who had the best performance by a pairs team during the 2004-2005 Season?

• Tatiana Tomianina/Maxim Marinin

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Maria Petrova/Alexei Tikhonov

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Xue Shen/Hongbo Zhao

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Qing Pang/Jian Tong

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Dan Zhang/Hao Zhang

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

CDMM1991

Medalist
Best Performance by a Pairs Team in Competition for the 2004-2005 Season

Third of nine polls in the new issue of International Figure Skating magazine.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
There it goes, went through the door again! In other words, I don't remember.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fozzie Bear

On the Ice
Both of Shen&Zhao's GPF performances :rock: :yes: Matched the magic of their 2003-2004 world performances, imo.

I started to like T&M's skating because of their beautiful Ave Maria short program, but their long program really left me cold and bored.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Fozzie Bear said:
Both of Shen&Zhao's GPF performances :rock: :yes: Matched the magic of their 2003-2004 world performances, imo.

I started to like T&M's skating because of their beautiful Ave Maria short program, but their long program really left me cold and bored.

I've always found that Russian pairs are stunning in the short and then I find them kind of boring in the long :scratch:

Vash01

Medalist
CDMM1991 said:
I've always found that Russian pairs are stunning in the short and then I find them kind of boring in the long :scratch:

I have to disagree but it's a matter of taste. If you don't care about the basic skating, lines, and posture, and just go for the wow factors like how far the throw was, you are not likely to like a Russian pair. I would not get bored just watching some of the Russian skaters just stroke around the rink. Actually some of the Russian skaters had pretty athletic moves. I don't much care about the Chinese pairs. S&Z have come a long way and I like their skating but I still prefer T&M for their extensions, lines, and stroking.

Fozzie Bear

On the Ice
Originally Posted by Vash01
If you don't care about the basic skating, lines, and posture, and just go for the wow factors like how far the throw was, you are not likely to like a Russian pair.
I do care about basic skating, lines, and posture--just a few of the reasons I watching B&S. I also love B&S (and S&Z) because of the sincerity of how they express the music, something I seldom feel when I watch T&M. JMO, of course.