Favorite Olympic Ice Dance Medalists | Golden Skate

Favorite Olympic Ice Dance Medalists

Who were your favorite olympic ice dance medalists?

• Lyudmila Pakhmova/Alexandr Gorshkov

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Natalia Bestemianova/Andrei Bukin

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Natalia Linichuk/Gennadi Karponosov

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Jayne Torvill/Christopher Dean

Votes: 78 44.3%
  • Oksana Grishuk/Evgeny Platov

Votes: 23 13.1%
  • Marina Anissina/Gwendel Peizerat

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • Other -- please post

Votes: 30 17.0%

• Total voters

Vash01

Medalist
I can't believe you left out Klimova & Ponomarenko - one of the most beautiful and technically perfect ice dance team that won OGM in 1992, OSM in 1988 and OBM in 1984.

Vash

Suska

Spectator
Don't worry, CzarinaAnya!The Fusar-Poli&Margaglio fans are not so rare! I love them too!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I feel that the poll should have almost been "You favorite Olympic Ice Dance Medalists beside Torville & Dean".

Shanti

On the Ice
I'm one those apparently rare Gritchuk/Platov's fans. :) I haven't yet seen anything better than their "Memorial" FD. :love:

Vash01

Medalist
Shanti said:
I'm one those apparently rare Gritchuk/Platov's fans. :) I haven't yet seen anything better than their "Memorial" FD. :love:

I LOVE their Memorial FD, and I like their skating very much.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Suska said:
Don't worry, CzarinaAnya!The Fusar-Poli&Margaglio fans are not so rare! I love them too!

Nice to know I'm not alone in my fandom. :) :) :)
Welcome to the Golden Skate, Suska! :party2:

tdnuva

On the Ice
Ptichka said:
I feel that the poll should have almost been "You favorite Olympic Ice Dance Medalists beside Torville & Dean".
Did this come out of frustration or admiration? :biggrin:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I voted for Torvill & Dean, but Gritshuk & Platov and Anissina & Peizeral are really big favourites of mine, also.

urmaniac13

Rinkside
I voted for Jayne and Chris... it is my regret that Povilas and Rita did not get to accomplish a medal in the olympics... I thought they were always undermarked... :-(

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I voted other because I have 2 favorites not listed: Minnie & Mo (Moiseeva & Minenkov), & Blumberg & Seibert.

dragonmaiden

Spectator
most enchanting ice dance medalists performance

In my younger days;) ,,i was heavily into watching figure skating,,i had my favorites in each category. But the most moving and romantic performance I'll never forget is 1992 Winter Olympics with Klimova & Ponomarenko,,,just wish i could find the music,,which is in the new Ford Five Hundred commercial.